Hi, I've had a bass for about 3 years now, but I'm mostly a guitarist, I've been playing guitar for about 5 years. The thing is, I've not re4ally progressed that much at bass, I practice guitar a lot, but I only occasionally play my bass. I'm a passable bass player, nothing special but I'd probably be able to get by at a gig. I'd say that my main problem is that the music I listen to doesn't have very complicated bass lines, just players like Duff Mckagan and Cliff Williams, who, whilst being effective in the band they play in, aren't exactly the most flashy players out there. Any tips on improving or some more challenging songs I should have a go at?
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
try listening some progressive rock/metal
Some of those bassplayers are at least as flashy as the more regular guitarists.

EDIT: try some Dream Theater, Rush, Camel
Last edited by frankie24 at Apr 28, 2011,
Muse / rush

and rory gallagher bad penny has a sick bassline in the live version which im trying to learn
Try some Jaco Pastorius. His version of Blackbird is nice.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS