Ok so I just got a new guitar, it's a pretty cheap one as it's a replica but I plan on putting some new pickups in it etc..

Anyway, I tuned it as I normally would using my tuner and the tuner said it was tuned perfectly, so I played it and it is nowhere near tuned especially on the two lowest strings. So I checked the tuning on my iPad on amplitube and that said it was correct as well but it is completely out.

I don't understand whats going on and it's pretty frustrating so if anyone has any ideas please let me know,

Thanks.
youl just have to use a pitch pipe, no idea what the problem is, take it back to the shop?
Tremolo bridge? Tuner set to 440 Hz?
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
The bridge is just a standard bridge and the tuner is set correctly, it works fine with other guitars.

I can't take it back to the shop since it was ordered from the US and I'm in the UK (It was the only place I could get it), I will probably get it set up in a guitar shop, they might know what's wrong with it.
its probably an intonation problem. have a pro or someone you know with experience set it up for you.
Quote by tael
its probably an intonation problem. have a pro or someone you know with experience set it up for you.

Yeah, will do, thanks.
Just have to say, i know this is considered solved but guitar setup is basic maintenance. Its good to have a pro set it up the first time but after that you should learn about setup. Also, Different string gauges effect the setup.

Edit: I don't think this is related but were you resting your hand on the headstock while tuning? You shouldn't do that, It will likely change the tuning, throwing you off.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Apr 28, 2011,