I got offered this thing in a trade for my Fireball + $400 (from my side). Can I get some input on its three channels? Is the trade worth it? I've heard it's pretty sterile, but that came out of one guy. How are the cleans, how heavy does it get; in end, how versatile is it?

Thanks in advance.

(It'll run kt88)
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
for a fireball 60? yes, do that trade. For a Fireball 100, it still might be worth it. Fryette's stuff is often pegged as sterile because of how precise and resposive it is. There is no sag, and the bass and low mids are really tight. Some people don't like them, because the amp is so dead on it makes poor playing that much more noticable. If you can play and it's your type of sound though, you'll love it. Very few other amps get heavier. The cleans are definitely usable, but not the best of the best by any means.
I see. Yeah, it's a FB60 but I'm still considering what to do. The UL seems like a beast, but I'd like some more input. The videos I found on YT weren't that convincing, although I rather not base my decision on a video of those.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
Last edited by RR787 at Apr 28, 2011,
I used to have a fireball 60, and I traded it straight up for a vht pittbull classic. the pb classic is basically the precursor to the clx, but it has less gain on the rhythm channel than a clx does. They have different sounds for sure, but in terms of high gain tone the pittbull is better than the fireball. The UL i can only imagine has a way better lead tone than my pittbull.

edit: heres a clip of my pittbull
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Neuralizerband
if you go to the soundcloud link the song "the Origin" is all my vht. I think Rogue is mostly my vht too.
Last edited by rokket2005 at Apr 28, 2011,
Awesome lead tone you have there. I'll give it a little bit more of thought. I do despise the fireball's limited range. Amazing for brutz, but besides that...

Thanks for your input. Any further advice would be appreciated.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
anyone else?
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
the amp is awesome. what exactly do you want to know? It's definitely in my top 2 or 3 out of the high gain amps I've tried.

The other being a slo which I owned and a diezel einstein which I played briefly.

It'll destroy mesa rectifiers, the lower tier engls, etc.

if you like kt88s it's one of the only amps designed specifically around it.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
the amp is awesome. what exactly do you want to know? It's definitely in my top 2 or 3 out of the high gain amps I've tried.

The other being a slo which I owned and a diezel einstein which I played briefly.

It'll destroy mesa rectifiers, the lower tier engls, etc.

if you like kt88s it's one of the only amps designed specifically around it.

Guess that covers it. Just wanted to know how brootz, clean does. I play from Classic Rock, to shoegaze/ambient to the more heavy stuff. So I want variety in my amp. Guess I'll get it and come back with clips and pics on Sunday.
Quote by Eddie4President

Quote by blake1221
It's great. I mean three really usable and versatile channels.

the lead has the most gain in the more setting and about as much gain as the rhythm channel in the less setting.

there's a lead switch for a bit more sizzle on the upper notes.

the rhythm channel with the boost engaged and the more switched on has the same amount of gain as the lead channel.

in the less mode it's a classic crunch tone to a mild overdriven tone with the boost off.

the clean is good. not super spacey wet surf cleans but great cleans none the less.

the 2 hi gain channels can be made to be identical depending on where you set the active eq or they can be completely different.

you can even boost the clean channel with the active eq and get your blues face on.

for the price new it's one of the most versatile amps there is with the fx loop on/off option, series, parallel, direct out, power amp mute functions. plus built in half/full power.

and everything is really usable. no weird buttons or knobs in hard to reach places that may or may not change the sound of the amp. lookin at you bogner.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam