So, I'm sure many of you have heard about these guys. I searched and there was no recent thread about it. My favorite band, Disturbed, just released a new song today called "3" about them and are selling it for $.99 with all proceeds going to the Damien Echols Defense Fund (he was one of the three.) Apparently with advances in technology it was discovered that none of the DNA matched any of the boy's DNA. In fact, it matched the DNA of the step father of one of the victims. The prosecution even went so low as to try to use the way one of the boys dress and the music he listens to as evidence against him. These boys never got a fair trial the first time around, but now they can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

In November of 2010, the State Supreme Court of Arkansas finally ruled in the WM3's favor for the first time, ordering new hearings wherein all post-conviction DNA, forensic evidence or testimony that could lead to their exoneration will be heard. Judge David Laser was assigned to be the judge of this evidentiary hearing which will begin on December 5, 2011.

Here's a link to the page to buy the song if you want and it also has a lot of info about this whole thing. I've known about these guys for while now, but I never knew their was this much bull shit surrounding the trial.

http://www.disturbed1.com/splash/

I would post a youtube link to the song, but they've all been taking down with copy right claims.

Here's some lyrics from the song. I don't know if they're completely correct though. The song is in the perspective of one of the boys.

"I was a boy who had to live his own way
I never fit into the model they had decide
I chose the path less taken
I stood with others who had often felt the same

We got our stares from passers by
Our dark attire seemed to frighten people away
And when the three young boys died
They pointed fingers and entangled us in a lie

No hope inside

I sit here terrified
(Terrified, terrified)
Won't someone try to bring the truth to light?
(Bring it to light, bring it to light)
Won't anybody open up their eyes?
(Open your eyes, open your eyes)
Feel for the three that must have lost their lives"

I don't think that last line is correct. I couldn't quite make it out. Anyway, here's another related website http://www.wm3.org/

ITT: Discuss the wm3 and the new evidence/trials (and the song if you want)

TL;DR - GTFO. If you didn't read the whole thing (except for the lyrics) don't bother posting in this thread unless you already know about the wm3 and everything that's been going on with them lateley
Last edited by Adisturbedone at Apr 28, 2011,
Didn't read the whole post...

only half of it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
This is easily one of the most terrible trials I've ever heard or seen of. Like, the ignorance involved is just...
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Tl;dr
LOYAL?
HARD WORKING?
FULLY EXPENDABLE?

THE EMPIRE NEEDS YOU!
IT'S NOT ABOUT PAY, IT'S ABOUT CRUSHING THE REBELLION
Memphis Grizzlies are looking pretty good
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I am Ozoro, a Ethiopian girl with malaria.
Quote by Arca301
This is easily one of the most terrible trials I've ever heard or seen of. Like, the ignorance involved is just...

Agreed. So many people, especially the prosecution, didn't care if they had the right guys or not. They basically just wanted somebody to be convicted for the murders. I hope if (when) these kids get out they sue the shit out of so many people involved with their unjust imprisonment. They've lost 18 years of their life because of this
Quote by Adisturbedone
Agreed. So many people, especially the prosecution, didn't care if they had the right guys or not. They basically just wanted somebody to be convicted for the murders. I hope if (when) these kids get out they sue the shit out of so many people involved with their unjust imprisonment. They've lost 18 years of their life because of this

+1.

I'd hate to go through my life falsely being accused of a murderer.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
In 2009, Dr. Werner Spitz, the world's most respected forensic pathologist, testified the "knife wounds" on the children's bodies could only have come from post-mortem animal predation

The fact that animal bites were confused for knife wounds is just... I'm sure somebody back then knew enough to tell the difference
Quote by Adisturbedone
Who exactly is this guy? I watched 30 seconds of that video so far and he seems like the world's biggest douche

He's the father of one of the victims. I recommend you watch Paradise Lost: Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills and its sequel. Here's a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfj_bVIwyeA

Now, I'll be the first to admit that the docs are slightly biased in the boys favor, but I feel the amount of evidence for guilt and innocence would make anyone sway that way.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
Quote by Arca301
He's the father of one of the victims. I recommend you watch Paradise Lost: Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills and its sequel. Here's a trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfj_bVIwyeA

Now, I'll be the first to admit that the docs are slightly biased in the boys favor, but I feel the amount of evidence for guilt and innocence would make anyone sway that way.

I can kind of see where he's coming from then, but he seems like he's one of those people who was just desperate to pin the blame on anyway. I'll try to get a round to watching that documentary tomorrow. And in the article I read about it on that first link I posted, it said that the DNA they still have from the crime scene matched the step father of one of the victims. Is that by any chance this guy?
Quote by Adisturbedone
I can kind of see where he's coming from then, but he seems like he's one of those people who was just desperate to pin the blame on anyway. I'll try to get a round to watching that documentary tomorrow. And in the article I read about it on that first link I posted, it said that the DNA they still have from the crime scene matched the step father of one of the victims. Is that by any chance this guy?

Yeah, thats him. He has a pretty low IQ, has been arrested multiple times for violent offenses and while filming the docs, his just-as-crazy wife died 'in her sleep'. They're also investigating him, however half-assedly, for her murder. He's just a pretty crazy mofo.
Eschquipment:
Epiphone SG400
Peavy Vypr 30 watt
Dean Vendetta XM

and thats about it...
I'm pretty certain come trial time they will be freed. Its terrible hearing about people being imprisoned for most of their life for crimes they did not commit. I hope these guys get millions in reparations.
Quote by pugachev
I'm pretty certain come trial time they will be freed. Its terrible hearing about people being imprisoned for most of their life for crimes they did not commit. I hope these guys get millions in reparations.

One of them is mentally handicapped too. I hope prison didn't mentally mess him up even worse. I want the everyone responsible for their imprisonment to pay dearly
Bump. Any one else have any opinions on the new developments in this or just the whole thing in general?