Page 1 of 3
I thought some of you might like to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOli98fgBP0

Basically, they're pre-emptively arresting a bunch of pensioners/street actors for "potential to breach the peace" or some shit, because they were going to perform tomorrow while the royal wedding is on.

Seriously, what the fuck?
at least the cameraman had an objective view. everybody else seem to be oblivious.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
They should sue the police. "Potential to breach the peace" sounds like a total violation of rights.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
They should sue the police. "Potential to breach the peace" sounds like a total violation of rights.

Yeah, I don't see how anyone can view it any other way. There were like 20 officers in the area, too. Ridiculous and excessive. If they're going to prevent crime, they should be trying to prevent real crime. "Breach of the peace" is something way too fucking vague to be charged with, anyway.
(Invalid img)
OT: This is so irritating. Cops are unhelpful and overly aggressive where I live, and I can only imagine it's the same everywhere else. This video certainly proves that.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Apr 28, 2011,
I can't facepalm nearly enough.... Send this to the papers they'll have a field day

EDIT: Ah, Channel 4 was there, Good.
Last edited by benonbass1 at Apr 28, 2011,
Quote by Thrasher51
(Invalid img)
OT: This is so irritating. Cops are unhelpful and overly aggressive where I live, and I can only imagine it's the same everywhere else.

there are some good cops over here. when it was 2am and i was walking through a neighborhood that can only be described as gangsta alone, there was a cop driving by, i hitchhiked and he drove me to my doorstep.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by Thrasher51
(Invalid img)
OT: This is so irritating. Cops are unhelpful and overly aggressive where I live, and I can only imagine it's the same everywhere else. This video certainly proves that.

I wouldn't say cops where I live are overly aggressive, at least not in my experience. As individuals, some of them are pretty cool, but I've met more total wankers than cool people. And as a whole, they're fucking useless.
Security measures are going to be upped a TON for this, so it's understandable that they want as few groups of people like this around as possible. It may be a little over the line, but it's not entirely unreasonable.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
Security measures are going to be upped a TON for this, so it's understandable that they want as few groups of people like this around as possible. It may be a little over the line, but it's not entirely unreasonable.

No, it is entirely unreasonable. It's fucking disgraceful.
that girl has a really sexy accent. goddamn british girls...
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Zoot Allures
Yep, being arrested for 'pre crime' now, welcome to Minority Report.

Fix'd
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Well, 70 year old Anthropology professors are the most dangerous threat right now.

Quote by Zoot Allures
Yep, being arrested for 'pre crime' now, welcome to 1984.

If you look in the comments, there's a bit about that I believe.
Not really.

the camera misses the police arriving, asking them to disperse and most likely being told to piss off. They officers all look to be in a good mood and its hardly imposing is it? Yes there are lots of officers about, damn near the whole Met is working tomorrow.

2 billion people are going to be watching the wedding tomorrow, its going to bring a **** ton of money for the country, its a nice thing to be happening and the world will be watching, its almost a warm up for the capital for the Olympics and security is going to be at its highest.

this is hardly surprising that they were asking people to move along, if people refuse of course they would be nicked, them bailed immediately at the station.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
inb4 kumanji blames capitalism
Sergio 'Checo' Perez 2013 Formula One World Drivers Champion
Quote by Tom 1.0
Not really.

the camera misses the police arriving, asking them to disperse and most likely being told to piss off. .

You do not have to be 'dispersed' or 'moved along' if you have done nothing wrong in the first place. This is meant to be a free country, not a police state. In the same way that you aren't required to give you identity if you've done nothing wrong and should never be forced into giving information if the police can't tell you what you've done.

Edit: this is another example of the police state, the protection of the elite by the state and punishing innocent people for crimes they havn't even commited , the police are the ones acting illegally here.

There is a reason you don't get taught the basics about the law in school, because it's helpful for the state to not tell you the law so you know your rights, because then the police can control people just because they're in a position of authority, and if no one knows the law or what they're free to do then if a police officer says 'you can't do that' then you'll believe their word.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Apr 28, 2011,
inb4 irish punk sucks up to zoot.

Seriously i dont see why people are freaking, they will have been asked several times to disperse, politely at that, they clearly refused and as a result have been arrested and would have immediately been bailed.

its not like they were charged, batoned and thrown in a gulag.

Tomorrow is a big deal and london can not afford to look stupid over it, its going to be a massive boost for the uk on an international scale.

EDIT:

You can be asked to disperse under UK law.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

Seriously i dont see why people are freaking, they will have been asked several times to disperse, politely at that, they clearly refused and as a result have been arrested and would have immediately been bailed.

its not like they were charged, batoned and thrown in a gulag.

Tomorrow is a big deal and london can not afford to look stupid over it, its going to be a massive boost for the uk on an international scale.

EDIT:

]You can be asked to disperse under UK law.

You need to be given a reason for it. We are meant to be living in a free country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_assembly
Quote by Tom 1.0
EDIT:

You can be asked to disperse under UK law.

I think that might just be the thing people have a problem with.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I think that might just be the thing people have a problem with.

Yeah and I get that, but given whats going on tomorrow I think most people would understand why they police are acting as they are, yes its not great that they have had to arrest these people, but if they having to treat everybody equally, well they cant ask people like the EDL to **** off and leave this lot, it opens the door open for claims of discrimination.

Like I said, I would happily bet you £10 that the camera man wouldn't show you the footage of the police arriving and politely asking them to leave as it ruins the whole "the police are big bullies" angle he is going for.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Yeah and I get that, but given whats going on tomorrow I think most people would understand why they police are acting as they are, yes its not great that they have had to arrest these people, but if they having to treat everybody equally, well they cant ask people like the EDL to **** off and leave this lot, it opens the door open for claims of discrimination.
Like I said, I would happily bet you £10 that the camera man wouldn't show you the footage of the police arriving and politely asking them to leave as it ruins the whole "the police are big bullies" angle he is going for.

The EDL should have the right to be there aswell, people should be able to walk the streets of this country without the fear of being arrested by the state for 'pre crime'. That opens the door for complete totalitarianism and you're underestimating how serious this is, it's a sign of a lot that's going on in this society and you should be pissed off too, it's your rights too that are under threat.

Also, he probably got the camera out because he didnt have it filming before the police turned up as he didn't expect to be having to film his friends being hassled for 'pre crime' by the state.
Quote by rgrockr
Fix'd

To be fair, they did arrest you for 'precrime' in 1984. They just called it 'thought crime' in that, but as far as I'm concerned they're really the same concept.
You also reminded me that I need to watch that movie again.
Quote by Tom 1.0

O__o

Agreeing with someone is "sucking up"? This makes no sense at all.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Would be nice to see you form your own opinion.

Quote by Zoot Allures
The EDL should have the right to be there aswell, people should be able to walk the streets of this country without the fear of being arrested by the state for 'pre crime'. That opens the door for complete totalitarianism and you're underestimating how serious this is, it's a sign of a lot that's going on in this society and you should be pissed off too, it's your rights too that are under threat.

Also, he probably got the camera out because he didnt have it filming before the police turned up as he didn't expect to be having to film his friends being hassled for 'pre crime' by the state.

I'm underestimating anything, I think anybody who truly believes that we are heading towards some totalitarian police state seriously needs to look at what happens in the UK and then compare that to the policing tactics used almost every where else on Earth, we have one of the most tolerant and "soft" approaches to policing going.

Camera ready or not, there is no way on this earth, they turned up and the first words they said were " Your nicked." they would have been there for ages begging them to leave.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Apr 28, 2011,
they wouldnt get a prosecution from the arrests, they wouldn't be able to state a detection from it and would therefore be an unsolved crime and shit loads of paper work, I wouldnt have wanted to nick them.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Do you really think it was those officers choice?

Trust me, they would have probably thought that they would have just left when asked.

I can imagine the convo now...

PC: Yeah control they wont leave, but we dont have anything to go on, so let them go?

Control: Wait one, got the inspector here.

PC: Its just a bunch of old Am Drams.

Control: Er yeah, Boss says to nick them on conspiracy on a section 5.

Pc: Really? No detections in that though boss?

Inspector: Comes from the CC, bring them in.

PC: Ok then boss.

Seriously it wont have been the officers choice but a blanket order from the Boss, more likely from the Gov, the police would want the huge amount of unresolved crimes on the system.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
the guy dressed up is a legend. 'are you havin a laugh? this is fancy dress!'
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Tom 1.0

I'm underestimating anything, I think anybody who truly believes that we are heading towards some totalitarian police state seriously needs to look at what happens in the UK and then compare that to the policing tactics used almost every where else on Earth, we have one of the most tolerant and "soft" approaches to policing going.
Camera ready or not, there is no way on this earth, they turned up and the first words they said were " Your nicked." they would have been there for ages begging them to leave.

And yet people are beaten up in protests all the time, and in some cases to death. Or shot in the train station for running.

Don't believe me then you can youtube any recent student protest and you'll see plenty of real footage of police brutality. Tell that guy who was pulled out of his wheelchair by the thugs in uniform that the police are ''tolerant' or 'soft'.

I'm perfectly right to compare it to totalitarianism, what i said on the last page about the law is correct because most people do not know the law or the rights they have, and thus they are able to be bullied around by police officers for things that are not actually illegal. Read the link for the 'right to free assembly' for instance.
Quote by AzureNight

To serve and protect.

ouch

They forgot to taser him also
I leik music
Quote by Tom 1.0

So do you think that I'm just a mindless zombie that's agreeing with him on everything just because I want to kiss his ass?
It's not possible that we share the same views on things like this, is it?

Maybe I should mindlessly listen to everything the state says instead? Would that be better?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I'll just sit back and the police bashing begin then.

There is **** all point trying to present two points of view when the police are involved. Especially when its sympathetic to the police.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Page 1 of 3