ive got a "gig" coming up with at my highschool with a blue/rock sort of thing that one of our teachers does every year(it's our teacher, me, and 3 other students)

i want to use my bugera 6260 head and cab

we're playing outside and apparently they want us to have our amps hooked directly into the schools PA instead of just playing as we normally would

im not sure if this is even possible with my head, its got a 1/4 preamp out but nothing else

would using the preamp out to the PA work?
even if it did work would it sound like total shit?
Tell them to mic it and run that to the PA (which will no doubt majorly suck, unfortunately).

Good luck, whatever happens.
Quote by CrawlingHorror
Tell them to mic it and run that to the PA (which will no doubt majorly suck, unfortunately).

Good luck, whatever happens.

thats what i was thinking...

so is there no chance of getting a good sound out of it like that then?
If the PA is crappy then no it won't. Seems like your school's under the impression that all amps have a line out.

Tell them it has to be mic'd up, not alot else you can do really bro.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by H, Omitted
If the PA is crappy then no it won't. Seems like your school's under the impression that all amps have a line out.

all the guitar amps except for mine(line 6 and line 6) do
Try it mic'd before you play and if it sounds bad I'd just go without the PA, it should be plenty loud enough, only downside is you wouldn't be coming through the monitors(if they even have monitors)
Quote by im_bored
Try it mic'd before you play and if it sounds bad I'd just go without the PA, it should be plenty loud enough, only downside is you wouldn't be coming through the monitors(if they even have monitors)

heres the thing, the vocals are coming through the speakers BEHIND the audience.

having the vocals coming from behind them and the instruments in front of them would guarantee that the front of the audience wouldnt hear vocals and the back of the audience would hear ONLY vocals.

weve got a really really bad setup but its a school so whatever
$30 gets youi an SM57 knockoff (GLS-57 it's called i beleive)

Mic it with one of those and you'll be set. You could try pre-amp out, but it would most likely not sound very good.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
or just buy the longest damn guitar cable in the world and put your amp in the back near the speakers, lol.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
or just buy the longest damn guitar cable in the world and put your amp in the back near the speakers, lol.

unrelated question, how do those veteran 30's sound with your 6262?

the stock chinese speakers in my 4x12 sound like shit and i cant afford vintage 30's
I only play at bedroom volumes, but i really didn't notice much difference to the stock bugera's. you got the bugera cab i'm assuming? or something else? although the VET 30's where alot easier to mic, easier to find the "sweet spot"

here's my latest clip with the Vet-30's mic'd:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8449636/Ain%27tTalkinBoutLove.mp3
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by Gundamnitpete
I only play at bedroom volumes, but i really didn't notice much difference to the stock bugera's. you got the bugera cab i'm assuming? or something else? although the VET 30's where alot easier to mic, easier to find the "sweet spot"

here's my latest clip with the Vet-30's mic'd:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8449636/Ain%27tTalkinBoutLove.mp3

cool... might have to get a few