I'm a female guitarist and I like girls
17 8%
I'm a female guitarist and I am completely straight
14 6%
I'm lurking for potential epic pr0nz
186 86%
Voters: 217.
Page 1 of 3
I've noticed a continuing trend that the girls I know who play guitar regularly (including myself) tend to be bisexual or at least not 'straight' in some way, whereas with guys there doesn't seem to be a difference between guitar players and the general population as far as sexuality stats go.

Anyone else see this? I think this website is a pretty good indicator as well.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Apr 28, 2011,
No I cant say I have.

I wouldnt use use UG as an indicator for anything really.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I know a female guitarist at my school who is straight.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Thread is nothing without pics.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I have not noticed this trend. But then again, I only know 1 girl IRL who I would consider an actual guitar player, as opposed to a girl that randomly owns a guitar. And her sexuality is none of my business.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Kensai
Thread is nothing without pics.

+1
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by vintage x metal
I've noticed a continuing trend that the girls I know who play guitar regularly (including myself) tend to be bisexual or at least not 'straight' in some way

I think I know...a grand total of 2 girls who are 100% straight, and one of them is homophobic. (Ironically her 2 best friends are lesbians...and going out).
I'm also not friends with any bisexual guys. Several gays, and lots of straights...but none in between.
i dont know any female guitarists personally

i want to know who the chicks that voted were...
I'm a lesibian. Haven't met any other bisexual/lesbian girl guitarists though.
Quote by Tom 1.0
No I cant say I have.

I wouldnt use use UG as an indicator for anything really.

This. UG isn't really a good basis for anything like that, because it's a predominantly male community, so the girls who hang out here will tend to be more interested in "masculine" things anyway, and there has been some research into the correlation between bisexual girls having more stereotypically masculine interests.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by genghisgandhi
Metal guitarists are. Wonderwall players aren't.

I've actually seen the contrary, I've seen no guy ever get laid playing Wonderwall, but I've seen a guy get laid playing The Last Baron.
I would bet good money that most of the people who participated in the poll were NOT female.
Hell, if the girl I'm going after is, I'm in for some epic shit.
Dead bull with the life from the low
I'll be massive conquistador
Give me soul and show me the door
Metal heavy, soft at the core
Gimme toro, gimme some more

Steam: Mengsk
MAL
Quote by genghisgandhi
Metal guitarists are. Wonderwall players aren't.

False. I play metal in my spare time, but around people I play Wonderwall, Hey There Delilah and to the 'rock chicks', even some Nirvana Unplugged.

You're theory is invalid
WARNING: Signature may not be handwritten
Quote by esther_mouse
This. UG isn't really a good basis for anything like that, because it's a predominantly male community, so the girls who hang out here will tend to be more interested in "masculine" things anyway, and there has been some research into the correlation between bisexual girls having more stereotypically masculine interests.

Couldn't that also apply to guitar in general rather than just UG? I understand UG isn't the most accurate field but it's at least correlated
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by esther_mouse

I resent that, I don't think I have many masculine interests.
Honestly, I don't think it has to do with female guitar players being bisexual, but the subculture those players tend to be involved in. Most female guitar players are scene high school girls, and those girls are often in the stage in their life where they're willing to experiment with lesbianism, because A) it's more socially acceptable for girls to do it B) men find it attractive and C) because they genuinely are bicurious and want to try whatever they can.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
Honestly, I don't think it has to do with female guitar players being bisexual, but the subculture those players tend to be involved in. Most female guitar players are scene high school girls, and those girls are often in the stage in their life where they're willing to experiment with lesbianism, because A) it's more socially acceptable for girls to do it B) men find it attractive and C) because they genuinely are bicurious and want to try whatever they can.

most female guitar players are scene high school girls? lolwut?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I'm a girl guitarist. But I like guys, not girls.

Sure, I may take more interest into more guy type things then typical girl things. But I've never been interested in girls.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
the poll results confirm your hypothesis.

I don't like the word confirm. it sounds naughty. say it to yourself softly. confiiirm.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by slybacon
False. I play metal in my spare time, but around people I play Wonderwall, Hey There Delilah and to the 'rock chicks', even some Nirvana Unplugged.

You're theory is invalid

Dude just admitted he's a virgin.
I don't know, I've never noticed anything like that. for the record, I'm straight.

edit: I mean, as far as I know I'm pretty straight. I've experienced nothing that suggests otherwise.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Apr 28, 2011,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Guy guitar players tend to be virgins.

I can vouch for this.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by vintage x metal
most female guitar players are scene high school girls? lolwut?

That I've met atleast, I don't know, I'm drunk and don't know how to express my point. Maybe I mean most bisexual girls are scene high school girls, but then I;d have to completely reconstruct what I said, so **** it.
Quote by tayroar
That I've met atleast, I don't know, I'm drunk and don't know how to express my point. Maybe I mean most bisexual girls are scene high school girls, but then I;d have to completely reconstruct what I said, so **** it.

I think you mean most bisexual girls are scene girls who are bisexual just cos they think it's cool or something along those lines?

Quote by jw10ob
Female guitarists suck anyway. They can't play!

I like sweeping generalizations too! they go quite well with tea and suckmeoff

anyway you should look up Kaki King and come back
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by tayroar
Dude just admitted he's a virgin.

Yup. Why bother hide it?

Problem?
WARNING: Signature may not be handwritten
I just beleive you are able to fall in love with anyone, so yes I'm bisexual. I don't know any other girls who are guitarists or any other girls who listen to my music.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Quote by slybacon
Yup. Why bother hide it?

Problem?

Every girl is apparently bisexual these days. Its just to seem interesting which is ironic.
xxx

killing is my business... and business is good
Quote by kwidjibo1
Every girl is apparently bisexual these days. Its just to seem interesting which is ironic.

Maybe under the age of 16...
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 3