which is the better pedal, and I need an unbiased opinion please.
Is the TS9 true bypass? 'cause I know the Maxon is. Just tyuing to figure if the OD9 is worth the extra $60?
Last I heard, they're exactly the same except the Ibanes is NOT true bypass. None of them.
Personally, though, I'd recommend the Luther Drive instead. It's just higher quality.
Only difference is the name badge and the switching method: TS9 uses FET switching while the OD9 uses a true bypass DPDT.

But the TS9s buffer is a good one, so unless you really need true bypass (you probably don't) go with whatever comes up cheaper in your area.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I think you could mod a TS-9 into true bypass by spending just a couple bucks.
Quote by Mark G
Add the Maxon OD808 to your list, my fav.

Went to buy one, played it, felt too light compared to other TS pedals so I had to have a peek inside.

When I opened it up I saw it's not only not an 808 circuit (it's a TS-10 circuit) but the pots are cheap, board mounted kinds, as is the switch.

Do not want.

I'd take an OD9 and modify the output buffer to TS808 specs in a heartbeat over an OD808 if I wanted true bypass.

Quote by zerkein
I think you could mod a TS-9 into true bypass by spending just a couple bucks.

The switch will cost you over $5 and you'll have to drill the housing because it uses FET.

It's not a simple matter of just changing the stomp button.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Zerkein, I think making a TS-9 true bypass is actually kind of tricky because of the way the stock switch is installed. Making a TS808 TB, on the other hand, is one of the easiest things you can do with a soldering iron.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Zerkein, I think making a TS-9 true bypass is actually kind of tricky because of the way the stock switch is installed. Making a TS808 TB, on the other hand, is one of the easiest things you can do with a soldering iron.

yeah, I read a bit, it's still cheap, but not exactly "easy"
Quote by bubb_tubbs
The switch will cost you over $5 and you'll have to drill the housing because it uses FET.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Went to buy one, played it, felt too light compared to other TS pedals so I had to have a peek inside.

When I opened it up I saw it's not only not an 808 circuit (it's a TS-10 circuit) but the pots are cheap, board mounted kinds, as is the switch.

Do not want.

I'd take an OD9 and modify the output buffer to TS808 specs in a heartbeat over an OD808 if I wanted true bypass.

Really? I loved the shit out of the one I tried, but I never opened it up. Just going by the sound of it, which I personally loved. Oh well. Live and learn
WTLTL 2011