Making this thread because this band is fucking amazing. Just massive atmosphere on every level while still having sick riffs and some neat ideas you don't see in black metal all the time.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Brulvahnatu/95529

Haven't heard any of the demos but the three albums are fantastic, especially Last Living Dream. Highly recommend all three to anyone into black metal.

Here's a sample for those who want to try em before checking out a full length. This is only a segment of the song so I suggest going through all three parts on youtube but this is the opening track on Last Living Dream
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUd-kdGnLNw
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by mr7string
would help if the guitars and drums didnt sound like white noise :/

Would be nice if you used your ears, the production fits the music perfectly, although I'm listening to a 320 rip and not shitty youtube quality

Sumdeus
Sounds awesome

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
i checked them out when i saw you plugging them in the listening thread. from what i heard, i really like them. which is not something i just do with most black metal.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
That's a really gay band sign. Simply typing it in Helvetica would have been better.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I always read the name as BroVanuatu and I will from now on.
Yeah this is alright. I'll give it a more in depth listen later.

Also for some reason, this band reminds that I like Death Metal far more than I like Black Metal.
Quote by technicolour
what the hell is that guy holding a petrified cat??

from what I understand it's a frozen lynx or some shit, don't ask haha

Sumdeus
Quote by darkstar2466
That's a really gay band sign. Simply typing it in Helvetica would have been better.

it just looks like the letters were just put sideways on top of each other...which is probably the case... not much originality there.. great band anyways

Only one member? What is it with all of these one member bands?

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
also might be of interest to some of you, this is the guy's blog where he posts his artwork
http://www.kibsreng.blogspot.com/

pretty creepy and demented looking haha

Sumdeus
It's not bad so far, i think it will take a few listens to fully decide whether I like it or not.

The clean opening is awesome, has this demented, otherworldly image to it that I can't quite put into words. The distorted part immediately after is a bit too sudden and abrasive - I'm not sure what they were going for, but personally I think it would fit better elsewhere, later in the composition perhaps.

Everything else is at a reasonable level, but like I mentioned, will need more listens.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM