Hey guys,

I'm goin to Prague this summer and Im gonna bring my acoustic-nylon classical guitar. How can I prevent any warping to the guitar? It has a truss rod. This is my first time takin a guitar on a plane so any advice is appreciated

Get these muthafuckin' acoustics off this muthaf-

More seriously - can you take it with you into the cabin with you?
Quote by babysmasher
put it in its case

W-w-w WHOA.

Never though of that. If you don't have a hard case, get one. Don't take it as a carry on. Even if you can. Its a hassle. It will be OK in the cargo. Its climate controlled. Thats where they keep the animals.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
the biggest potential issue is that the baggage handlers throw baggage. the average guitar hard case may or may not stand up to landing on concrete after being thrown - that's why those who can afford it buy flight cases, but we're talking hundreds of dollars for a flight case. if you're using a regular hard case, make sure it fits well and supports the neck or carefully put something in to keep it still and supported, but don't overdo as if there's too much stuff under the neck, it can cause the headstock to snap off just as if there were no support.

not sure why jakesc8 said not to take it on board. every serious guitar player or frequent flyer i know takes their acoustic guitars on as a carry-on if at all possible. if the plane is crowded, they probably won't let you take it on board, but it's definitely worth a try.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Last edited by patticake at Apr 28, 2011,
Well, I was talking about the attendants giving you a hassle. But I just saw a TSA letter saying they have to let you carry it on. In that case, don't ask "is it ok if I take my guitar on board?" Just act as if it were a carry one bag. If they say anything, tell them its a carry on. When you board, as if the flight attendant can put it in the coat closet. Should be OK.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

I do have a hard shell case. But I'm worried that it might get damaged as mentioned already. Where do you guys normally store the guitar when you bring it on board?
Depends on the plane. Small planes may not be able to fit it in the overhead. Get a seat in the back, so you dont have to fight over the overhead. Or ask the attendant to put in the the closet.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Quote by Flying Couch

Get these muthafuckin' acoustics off this muthaf-

ahhah, gotta watch that movie again
It depends on the airline and the size of the plane. For most the rule is if the case fits in the overhead and there is room you can carry the guitar onto the plane. Otherwise you'll have to check it. If the flight attendant can put it in the closet, that's great.

Check your airlines website for their rules.