Hey. So, I was looking on Craigslist (like I always am) and found a listing for a ZBT China, ZXT Ride (It didn't say whether it was the one with lots of inverted bumpy thingies), and a pair of B8 hi hats. I don't have any drums yet, but my friend/drummer in my so-called "band" got a new Pearl Vision set, so he's giving me his old set. Now, the listing was for $150 for the whole thing. Since I hate China cymbals with a burning passion, I knew I wouldn't buy it. I figured since it was the least expensive in the set, I'd pay $120 for the ride and hats. However, I texted him, and he might not have thought it through much, because he said

"Well, I'm selling 3 cymbals, and it's $150. 150 divided by 3 is 50, right? So, $50 per cymbal."

I'm not complaining
I couldn't find a decent demo of the ride on YouTube, and apparently it's not that good of a ride. Can anyone tell me if it's worth $50? Because that's really cheap. And it's not cracked.
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
The Sabian B8s are what I've got, and they're perfectly acceptable for a beginner. Anything really cheap isn't going to be particularly good, so if you're spending that little money then it doesn't really matter. The ZXT ride, based on the samples from the Zildjian website, doesn't sound too bad IMO, and you'd be getting it for like... significantly cheaper than what it retails for, about $70 or so. I have a Sabian B8 ride, which I rather enjoy, so you might want to look into that one as well.
Last edited by Steve08 at Apr 28, 2011,
I'm not really going for anything professional in any sort, as I'm not a drummer. I live in a medium-ish city (Population is 115,000), and cymbals hardly come up on Craigslist, so this is pretty rare. Our Guitar Center isn't anything to write home about; I'm not sure they even have used cymbals. I do need a crash or two though, do you have any recommendations?
Fender Deluxe Player Strat
Fender Musicmaster
Takamine EAN10C
B-52 AT-100
Jet City JCA20H
MXR Phase 90
PolyTune Mini
Strymon El Capistan
Quote by thrashdeth
I love a Dimebag tone just as much as anyone else. I'm Definitely considering a spider.
Again, at that price point, doesn't reallyyyyyyy matter too much, but I've had good experiences with Sabian B8s, for a beginner kit I'd take them over entry-level Zildjians I think. Or the cheap Meinls (my favorite cymbals). If worse comes to worst, you can put your ride in a position that'll let you crash it as well as ride, although cheap rides usually aren't very good for that haha.