Page 1 of 2
Why hello!

I'm extremely happy today! Wanna know why?

Our lovely Min, took on the challenge of modifying my little ol epiphone valve special. This thing could barely get enough gain on its own to get a cream tone! There were so many problems originaly as i play black sabbath and of course need gain and a great sounding amp! So here is the result:

Its absolutley terrible.

GOTCHA!

This little guy is friken amazing! I can get gain for, classic rock all the way up to modern metal! The tone is overall better to! Sounds like a combination of a jcm800 and a 5150/6505. Wanna know why? WELL THE PCB WAS REPLACED WITH A JCM800 PCB! WHICH MEANS ANOTHER TUBE!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!

Its my little jesus now, and i cant stop playing it. Just sounds so terrific. the gain knob at 1 o clock is amazing for black sabbath and the upgrades he did overall made my tone much more suited for my music, and i love it!

Min, your amazing, you get a cookie for this! I will definatley doing buisness in the future with you!

STAY TUNED FOR A POSSIBLE VIDEO!

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS POSSIBLE
(which was only Min )
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
it's actually a jcm800 + another tube.

the jcm800 is in there somewhere. Frankly, I think the stock jcm800s are a little weak. Good for classic rock but not really my thing at all. It's in there with the gain at 9 or 10 o clock.

Everything after that is for music that your dad doesn't listen to.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
it's actually a jcm800 + another tube.

the jcm800 is in there somewhere. Frankly, I think the stock jcm800s are a little weak. Good for classic rock but not really my thing at all. It's in there with the gain at 9 or 10 o clock.

Everything after that is for music that your dad doesn't listen to.

oh really? my dad listens to avenged sevenfold. SUCK IT!
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build
Quote by littlephil
I thought it was well known that Min was awesome
Looks great!

In my mind, he is even more awesome now XD
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Heres a video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOLwcbJLEPs

Sorry for the screw up and pick sounds. hyped up on sugar right now. fingers shaking. It sounds amazing in person BTW, camera mic is bad. before, the special only got gain up to that of when i played "Sunshine of your love"

LOOKE AT IT NOW!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Whose awesome? Your awesome!

Or

Who's awesome? You're awesome!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Whose awesome? Your awesome!

Or

Who's awesome? You're awesome!

I SMELL A GRAMMAR NAZI!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
mids up treble down jarred.

turn up the bass all the way for broooootz mode.

my favorite mode. cuz you only need the low e string.
I am Captain Awesome.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Quote by Mark G
(Invalid img)

XD. is everyone on UG a /b/tard?
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
sounds pretty badass dude. Good job Min! Now if only I could find a valve jr cheap as dirt for a mod project
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Min, i know respect you more. Enjoy the amp Jarrod, it's a diamond
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by Jarrodthebobo
XD. is everyone on UG a /b/tard?

Nope, just a google search.
WTLTL 2011
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
wait til he finds out it's got the Bugera mod.

hehe

son i is confuse....
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
At one time, a Bugera model or another was prone to going up in smoke...

Have you seen the soldering?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Nice work, Min. You pwned that Junior!

Confrabulations on the new amp, mang.

ITS NOT A JUNIOR! ITS A SPECIAL! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG PONYS AND PUSSY!
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
wheres teh clipz mahn?!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
wheres teh clipz mahn?!

my second post.
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
What's this about Min being awesome?
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Min dude, my dads retarded. He just came home today right, he sees that there are missing knobs hes like "WHEN YOU GO TO SELL THE AMP YOULL BE LUCKY TO GET 100 DOLLARS! THEYLL SEE THE MISSING KNOBS AND BE LIKE "WOW THIS IS MICKEY MOUSED UP, I NOT PAYING SHIT FOR THIS"". Im like dad you realise the dsp effects is what makes it sound like shit....this is his repsone

"sound doesnt matter"

XD
Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
you can stick some knobs in there.

i've actually been looking for a supplier of hole covers for a bit.

i wouldn't sell that amp though.

it's the first and only circuit board amp i'll ever build.
Parents bro. They don't know anything about gear.

I find it funny when my dad mocks me for spending 200 bucks on a cab. Then I sell it a month later for 350 and he shuts the **** up.
Quote by CL/\SH
Parents bro. They don't know anything about gear.

I find it funny when my dad mocks me for spending 200 bucks on a cab. Then I sell it a month later for 350 and he shuts the **** up.

My father goes: Son, do you really NEED an ENGL Blackmore? It cost 850 euros...
My reply: Dad, do you really NEED a Yamaha FJR 1300 motorcycle? It cost 21000 euros...

And that was that
WTLTL 2011
Damn, I wish my parents would shut up when I said stuff like that. I just get the "Do we really need to have you live here?" line.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by Mark G
My father goes: Son, do you really NEED an ENGL Blackmore? It cost 850 euros...
My reply: Dad, do you really NEED a Yamaha FJR 1300 motorcycle? It cost 21000 euros...

And that was that

Didn't work with my Dad.

My Dad: You don't need a 1000 dollar head.
Me: You don't need a phucking air plane (was about 26 grand).
My Dad: I pay the bills now STFU
ya doesn't work so well with parents eh.

dad: why the hell do you spend so much money.
me: dad you just bought a porsche. I couldn't turn all the things I bought into a porsche.
The key is to buy it and then tell them you've bought it afterwards. Then they can complain all they want but they can't really do anything
Quote by AcousticMirror
you can stick some knobs in there.

i've actually been looking for a supplier of hole covers for a bit.

i wouldn't sell that amp though.

it's the first and only circuit board amp i'll ever build.

Wasnt going to. he just assumes in a month a will. if i did, however, he would completely change everythin he said. lets say i get 400 bucks for it, "i told youd be able to get alot of money off of it!" "im pretty sure you said i wouldnt get 100 bucks for it" "THATS NOT WHAT I SAID! WHY WOULD I SAY THAT WHEN ITS CLEARLY WORTH MONEY! SHUT UP JARROD YOU DONT LISTEN WHEN I TALK!"

Quote by mcraddict81592

FrankenBee Build
Quote by AcousticMirror
ya doesn't work so well with parents eh.

me: dad you just bought a porsche. I couldn't turn all the things I bought into a porsche.
dad: your mum

Iknorite
I think parents just get confused by quantity.

yo you guyz just spent millions on a house what are you yelling at me bout my guitars for.

well we only have one house.
Quote by littlephil
The key is to buy it and then tell them you've bought it afterwards. Then they can complain all they want but they can't really do anything

THIS +1000000
Page 1 of 2