Anyone have experience with Jackson Dinkys in the $400 price range. I'm looking to get something comparable to my Ibanez RG without the expense or worry of it getting messed up in a club. Unfortunately my choices of hands on are very limited in my part of the U.S. so ordering is probably going to be my way. I don't have any concerns about the pickups because they'd get changed out anyway. I'm more concerned about the feel of the neck and workmanship. Thanks.
you could probably find a used DKMG easily for $400 on ebay
i even saw one with out the floyd for $250 on my local CL
Quote by sethp
you could probably find a used DKMG easily for $400 on ebay
i even saw one with out the floyd for $250 on my local CL

+1

Go used. You'll find a better quality Jackson in your price range.
Try ebay or craigslist.

I recommend a DK-2. They're soooooooo comfortable.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
I have a Dinky JS 23 I got for about $250.
Easily my most favorite guitar. The stock humbucker was meh, but I bought a new one. Really awesome guitars for the price. I was going to buy a $500 Jackson flying V shape but after trying the JS 23 and comparing it just based on playability I could not feel any difference.

One thing I noticed is that *I think* amongst the basic models ranging from $200-500 Jackson uses the same necks. The body type and pickups and hardware change to offset the price range. So when buying a basic dinky you have the same neck as the $500 dinky. And Jackson necks are pretty sweet.

I have never spent more than $500 on a guitar but I have bought many of the basic entry level guitars ( I enjoy fixing them up). Squires, Epiphones, Ibanez, and Jackson are the brands I own - Jackson, because of the compound radius neck and good craftsmanship wins amongst the entry level models of these companies.

Again, its all opinion and I am no expert.
For my experience, go used. I have played many pro dinkys and thay are a lot better quality-wise to the x series and JS series. Higher quality everything basically. Go on Ebay if you want a good guitar for $400
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
dkmgt or dk2t. I don't really like the jt580lp trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks everyone. I got kinda luck today. I was able to run across a JS32RT the fixed bridge model and the JS32R with the locking trem. Got to play them both and got it worked out where the music store owner will put regular headstock necks on them for me. I don't at all like the looks of the reverse headstock. Thanks for the valuable input again. I think I'll have him order 2 for me next month.
This is Jackson donkey's is looking something. I'm looking to get something comparable to my Ibanez RG without the expense or worry of it getting messed up in a club.