Welcome To The Cell Phone Thread

Here you can discuss different cell phones on the market today. What cell phone do YOU use? What service?

I have the Samsung vibrant by T-mobile and I highly recommend it. It's much better than the iPhone in my opinion.

Discuss anything on cell phones here!

RULES:

1) Only discussions on cell phones and cell phone carriers are allowed.

2) Respect everyone's opinion.

3) No spamming.

4) Have fun!
I don't want them to track me man...

Edit: I have an LG Ally. It's not bad but not particularly good. Its pretty sturdy for one of dem new touch screen-magigins, I dropped it a shit load of times and still works brand new. Got some scratches on the back but the gorilla glass for the screen is tough as nails bro.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
Last edited by Mr-Mufflers69 at Apr 28, 2011,
Verizon FTW
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG

I've been using this cheap ****er for like 5 years. While everyone else's touch phones and iPhones and Blackberries and whatnot broke several times, my phone lasted through every single one of them.

Take that, famous brands!
Quote by :Vicious--
Verizon FTW

Yeah verizon is pretty awesome. I have T-mobile and Ive been wanting to switch.
Somebody stepped on my phone. The screen only half works
I have the Motorola Droid (Milestone for my eurobros/bras) on the Verizon Network. I love it only problem is that it's slow but that maybe cuz of the all the music I put on it at the beginning
Just the thread I needed because I know nothing about cell phones.

Hello, I have an LG Vu and it sucks real bad because the battery dies after only 2 months or less. I've already gone through like 3 of them. I have at&t and I am due for an upgrade if I sign up for another contract. Are there any other phones I can get that can do what the iphone can? I am not really a fan of apple and would much rather have a different brand if possible.
Quote by sticksause

Hello, I have an LG Vu and it sucks real bad because the battery dies after only 2 months or less. I've already gone through like 3 of them. I have at&t and I am due for an upgrade if I sign up for another contract. Are there any other phones I can get that can do what the iphone can? I am not really a fan of apple and would much rather have a different brand if possible.

I don't have atandt but it seems like the only thing they support to the fullest is the iphone
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
I go verizon cause its literally the only company thats gets service where i was living a bit ago. They have a monopoly of the area its ridic. Anywho, i always go for the cheap phones, anything that can make calls and text is fine with me and they don't break often. Just got a new phone cause my last one died and this one has a keyboard =O. I have moved into last year.
Quote by sticksause

I recommend anything Android powered AT&T is growing with their varieties of Android phones. they have the Galaxy and recently released a new phone that if you chip in another $500 you get this laptop and the phone powers the laptop
Quote by sticksause

What you need is the samsung vibrant by tmobile. Its way better than the iphone.
i have an iphone 3GS and i love it. and my case its the confederate flag to piss off the black people
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
I've got a Droid 2
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I have a Droid Eris and it's pretty terrible. I'm still trying to decide if I want to upgrade to a Droid with a better reputation or if I want to downgrade to a phone that only calls, texts, and fucking works.
I've got a Blackberry Torch on AT&T. Love it. The design and flow is perfect for me.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
EnV Touch but i broke the inside screen so i have to use its terrible touch screen to text
Quote by tissue-box
On the home page they have pictures of some band called 'escape the fate'.
Is anyone else attracted to that girl with the white guitar (on the right) ?

Quote by CannedBullets
That's a dude.
Quote by noodles95
EnV Touch but i broke the inside screen so i have to use its terrible touch screen to text

Hey, it's not that bad. It's better than the iPhone's at least.

Edit:

Quote by bradulator
I have a Razr. Probably going to update soon though, although I love it.

Holy shit, I haven't heard of those in years.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Apr 28, 2011,
I have a Razr. Probably going to update soon though, although I love it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Alex Vik
Hey, it's not that bad. It's better than the iPhone's at least.

thats true, im just not a fan of touch screens overall, as far as texting goes at least. i thought i would try it. the phone overall is pretty good though.
Quote by tissue-box

Quote by CannedBullets
That's a dude.
Quote by noodles95
thats true, im just not a fan of touch screens overall, as far as texting goes at least. i thought i would try it. the phone overall is pretty good though.

Yeah, me neither. But the phone is a tank. I even fully submerged it once (on accident), and the litmus paper didn't change color, plus it still worked fine. I think I'm gonna go for the droid x next year when my contract's up. The 8 megapixel camera really appeals to me.
Quote by Alex Vik
Yeah, me neither. But the phone is a tank. I even fully submerged it once (on accident), and the litmus paper didn't change color, plus it still worked fine. I think I'm gonna go for the droid x next year when my contract's up. The 8 megapixel camera really appeals to me.

Ive dropped it probably a thousand times and it still works, but one time my coat pocket was hanging out of my car door and i slammed it right on my phone so i took it out and no outside damage at all but later when i went to text someone i opened it and the inside screen was completely destroyed.
Quote by tissue-box

Quote by CannedBullets
That's a dude.
Got a LG Optimus One, I know it's not really good but it was free with my new contract.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by noodles95
Ive dropped it probably a thousand times and it still works, but one time my coat pocket was hanging out of my car door and i slammed it right on my phone so i took it out and no outside damage at all but later when i went to text someone i opened it and the inside screen was completely destroyed.

Ouch, I think something similar happened to my original EnV, but it was the outer screen (fortunately).
Quote by AngusPetrucci

(i like my iphone)

Yeah Iphone isn't bad... it's just that there's tons of phones better than it now.
Quote by JeremySacks
Yeah Iphone isn't bad... it's just that there's tons of phones better than it now.

Agreed wholeheartedly, I just enjoy the familiarity it offers, and, of course, the app store, although amazon and google are putting up an impressive effort.
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
iphone 3G... <_<

It does what i need it to do...and i got it as a gift!

Plus, spawnglow and the synth apps make it awesome!
Loving my iPhone 3GS. Either gonna get the white 4 in September or maybe get a Droid. Not sure yet.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
AT&T, which I only have because my grandparents pay for it. And I can't turn down free shit. Of course, the phone is a crappy LG Neon, and it's pretty much only good for calls and texts, but that's all I really need, until I can afford some fancy plan and a smart phone.
Quote by biga29
Loving my iPhone 3GS. Either gonna get the white 4 in September or maybe get a Droid. Not sure yet.

Hold out for iPhone 5?
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

i just got the droid x a few days ago and i couldnt be more happy with it. its really fast, the touchscreen is quite accurate and responsive, and the picture quality is nice as hell. alot of the reviews i read online about it before purchasing knocked it for being too big. i dont get that at all. its quite thin, weighs just as much as any other smart phone, and fits in my jeans pocket without any issue.

if anything, i like that it has a larger than average screen. it makes everything from surfing the internet to playing games that much nicer and easier to navigate through.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by AngusPetrucci
Hold out for iPhone 5?

If it comes out before then. Depends on what's gonna be so special about it. Is there any spec info on it yet?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29

If it comes out before then. Depends on what's gonna be so special about it. Is there any spec info on it yet?

It will be revealed in July I'm sure.

I have an iPhone 3G right now but my hardware upgrade is available and I'm thinking of going to Android, specifically Samsung Captivate. Any thoughts?
Quote by biga29

Before WWDC, theirs likely to be no hard specs on it, although it will feature the A5, which is a significant hardware upgrade. Also, im disappointed by the lack of cloud intergration in this. Imagine, all the data in the world quite literally at your fingertips
Other than hardware, the rumored use of NFC could be that extra push the Iphone needs to become the all-in-one apple so desperately craves.
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by Slugust
iPhone SUCKS!

So does bumping old threads for no real reason!!!!
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦