I just bought an iPhone last week. I threw away the receipt the other day. I want the white iPhone released today. Does anyone know if I can use that 14 day return thing? And if not, can I obtain a receipt online or is it in their computer system?
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I suggest talking to a Verizon service representative instead of a bunch of over-caffeinated, undersexed teenagers.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Quote by TDS
I suggest talking to a *insert professional here instead of a bunch of over-caffeinated, undersexed teenagers.

Guide to all UG questions, right here

On a related note, anytime during the fourteen day period should be clear.
Whered you get it from?
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
Last edited by AngusPetrucci at Apr 29, 2011,
Well, I cant call now can I? Not everyone one here is a child. I was wondering if anyone had experience with them. Thanks for the first 3 post being unhelpful.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

I didnt know. My 14 days ends this Saturday.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

They'll probably just lol and tell you to deal with it. They aren't likely to just give you a new one because you want a different color.

As far as the receipt goes, they probably have it stored digitally. I doubt you actually need it.
Its not like I have abused the phone. Its still withing my exchange days, and I have had a case and screen protector on it the whole time, and I haven't dropped it. I have the box and everything, and havent even touched the headphones. I just wanted to know about the receipt.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Quote by TDS
I suggest talking to a Verizon service representative instead of a bunch of over-caffeinated, undersexed teenagers.

Woah woah woah, wait right there.

How did you know that?
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by jakesc8
Its not like I have abused the phone. Its still withing my exchange days, and I have had a case and screen protector on it the whole time, and I haven't dropped it. I have the box and everything, and havent even touched the headphones. I just wanted to know about the receipt.

It really depends on the retailer in that scenario.
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
OK. Thanks.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Seriously, you should be able to exchange it as long as its within Verizon's deadline. The reason shouldn't matter.
OK, Do you think they will charge me the restocking fee?
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

its just a different color...
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by jakesc8
OK, Do you think they will charge me the restocking fee?

probably, its pretty standard for returns
Quote by CephalidHunter
its just a different color...

this

You're seriously going to try to take it back to get a different color? Pathetic..Besides, the white one just looks dumb.
If you had a case on it before, why not get a new, custom case? So you can having something original. Instead of the same white iPhone that everyone and their mothers are going to have
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
OK, here's some free advice from someone who's worked in tech retail for 3yrs.

*ahem*

NEVER EVER EVER EVER THROW AWAY THE GODDAMN RECEIPT.

That is your only proof of purchase, even if you manage to find a bank statement with relevant purchse info on it, they can still refuse the refund. Why? Because that in itself is not proof of purchase. In most cases it can LEAD to recovering the receipt. But they are in no way obliged to do this. If the manager is a prick or just having a bad day in sales he can send you home with nothing.

But this is just to change the colour, if you do manage to exchange it for god's sake keep the damn receipt because if it faults say 10 months down the track it makes the receipt VERY hard to track down especially with something like iPhones which they sell shitloads of.

But now you're saying "Wait, they can just search the phone's serial number and they'll find it straight away!"
Clever consumer, yes they can. But you see now you're having to put your faith in the most unenthusiastic employees every, frontline salesman being forced to work for a refund. Not to mention, you're also relying on the bloke who sold you the phone to punch in the serial number correctly when you bought it. I hate to tell you but damn near all frontline salesman are complete and utter idiots who are as incompetant as someone in a coma.

Conclusion? KEEP YOUR RECEIPT.

/rant
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by mike_anderson25
OK, here's some free advice from someone who's worked in tech retail for 3yrs.

*ahem*

But this is just to change the colour, if you do manage to exchange it for god's sake keep the damn receipt because if it faults say 10 months down the track it makes the receipt VERY hard to track down especially with something like iPhones which they sell shitloads of.

But now you're saying "Wait, they can just search the phone's serial number and they'll find it straight away!"
Clever consumer, yes they can. But you see now you're having to put your faith in the most unenthusiastic employees every, frontline salesman being forced to work for a refund. Not to mention, you're also relying on the bloke who sold you the phone to punch in the serial number correctly when you bought it. I hate to tell you but damn near all frontline salesman are complete and utter idiots who are as incompetant as someone in a coma.

Conclusion? KEEP YOUR RECEIPT.

/rant

If it goes bad in 10 months, I have the extended warranty which is 10 dollars more from Verizon on top of the apple factory warranty. I'm good. And not all salemen are incompetent. The guy I got if from even put screen protectors and everything on my phone, and my dads that he got a while ago. Thats a stereotype.
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Quote by jakesc8
If it goes bad in 10 months, I have the extended warranty which is 10 dollars more from Verizon on top of the apple factory warranty. I'm good. And not all salemen are incompetent. The guy I got if from even put screen protectors and everything on my phone, and my dads that he got a while ago. Thats a stereotype.

Well if it goes bad in 10 months that falls under the standard one year manufacturer's warranty, your extension would be irrelevant but anyway. You'd be surprised how often stereotypes play themselves out but I'm glad you got a good salesman.

Do let us know if you're able to swap it out though, I'm genuinely interested. You wouldn't be able to exchange an iPhone on what's effectively change of mind over here. In fact if memory serves I'm not even sure that they have an Out of Box Failure period. Generally that 14 day exchange/refund period excludes cell phones and software. But hell it might be different over there and they could be cool about it.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte