Or should I buy a MIM Fender Standard Stratocaster and replace the pups with Seymour Duncan YJM Furys?

What's the better deal?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
go to the store, find the MIM that plays best, and compare it to the MIA. Go with whatever feels best to you. If your not concerned about it being "american" then go with the MIM
If you just feel more comfortable with the American made then go with that. But, I hear the Mexican made ones aren't that bad. My uncle owns one and says he loves it.
just get the MIM, the only REAL difference is the body is made of 7 pieces of alder as opposed to one solid piece.
I cant imagine it affects tone at all, it's just cheaper to produce.
I would strip the poly and refinish it though, for sure. itll shed like 2 lbs o.O and sound a llot better
dude duncan pickups in a strat sound like angels having sex.

The MIM and MIA are basically the same, the difference is in the bridge tremelo design and the pickups.

The MIA can take more aggressive trem work without going out of tune, and the MIA's original pickups are really good.

that said its your choice really both guitars are going to sound different, but both are gonna still sound very good
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Quote by SKArface McDank
just get the MIM, the only REAL difference is the body is made of 7 pieces of alder as opposed to one solid piece.
I cant imagine it affects tone at all, it's just cheaper to produce.
I would strip the poly and refinish it though, for sure. itll shed like 2 lbs o.O and sound a llot better

I doubt you'd find a MIA strat with a one piece body. Most are 2 or 3. Even Sadowsky's $5,000 jobs are two piece.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
I doubt you'd find a MIA strat with a one piece body. Most are 2 or 3. Even Sadowsky's $5,000 jobs are two piece.

yeah they are 2 piece. here's a crazy thought, buy the american strat and put in the yngwie pups . if you want 22 frets and a better trem then go with the american. as mentioned if you can try a bunch of MIM strats then you can pick a good one and mod it. your cash your decision.