I have a 2x12 w/ a v30 in it and was considering either of these. Which mixes better with the v30? and also does the power level matter? I have a 90w head and the h30 would just make the cab 90w.
Quote by CapnPuff
I have a 2x12 w/ a v30 in it and was considering either of these. Which mixes better with the v30? and also does the power level matter? I have a 90w head and the h30 would just make the cab 90w.

i 2x12 with a G12H-30 and a V30 would be rated for 60 watts power handling, not 90. the power for the speakers is split evenly (unless you start doing impedance mismatches and other types of voodoo).

a 2x12 with a V30 and G12K-100 will rated for 120 watts.

the G12H-30 will break up much sooner than you V30, it'll have a certain low end response that some describe as 'muddy' and some describe as 'syrupy'. personally, i wasn't really impressed by the speaker and prefer a G12M-25 over it's G12H-30 counterpart. the G12H-30 does have a pretty organic response with a musical feedback. it should actually be a pretty good match with the V30, especially with some [non-metal] rock tones.

the K-100 is speaker with a much tighter bass response (can actually be used as a bass speaker) with a sound that some describe as 'tight' and other describe as 'sterile'. i used these speakers for a number of years when i was into harder music, it handles low end and massive amounts of distortion well while also delivering a great foundation for effected cleans tones or even amp modeling. the speaker is great for slack tunings or 7 string/baritone guitars (in fact you'll be hard pressed to find another speaker that can handle that low end so well). the speaker is not overly responsive and feedback can sound a bit shrill and tinny. a V30 with a G12K-100 is actually a popular mix, especially with the players of heavier music.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae