Hi guys

A few weeks ago, my amp (jcm2000 dsl50) was being silly and flipping between clean/lead, without being told to do so. Today, the amp is stuck on the lead channel and cant switch back. I removed the footswitch and still the same issue.
If anyone has any idea's on how to resolve/isolate the issue, please feel free to help.
Last resort will be the amp tech, sigh.
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
Dynacomp-TS9/808-OCD-Phase 90-Small Clone.
I've heard if you take it, hold it over the ledge of a very tall building, and then let go, you don't have to worry about that anymore. of course, that's just a rumor. damn rumors.
Quote by pdawson

crap, i got high and took a bath with my sisters fish, and totally forgot he was in there when i drained out the water
R.I.P Sassy

Quote by MakinLattes

I once sharpened an entire box of crayons and walked around my neighborhood trying to sell baggies of shavings.
I had a similar problem with my marshal jtm60.. try another footswitch if the problem persists then i have no idea what to do... also this isn't the pit you don't need the silly comments necrolysis
Gibson sg special ebony
Boss Gt-10
Roland microcube
marshall mg10

Merry birthday jesus
I would absolutely love to throw it of a building, the jcm2000 dsl50 is one of the most unreliable amp. I've had so many issues with it. Might just sell it cheap and get a new amp.
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
If it's still stuck without the switch plugged in then either you probably have a loose wire at the jack where the footswitch plugs into the amp or there is a bad relay.

Relays are like electrical switches and if it's stuck then it's not going to let your amp switch.

Your pedal simply acts as a grounding circuit so if there is a loose wire connecting hot to ground your amp is going to act like the pedal is always plugged in and always grounded. This usually happens because the jack is loose so the wire broke off and started touching the amps chassis.
Not taking any online orders.
Thanks CorduroyEW.

I might take a look at it tomorrow.
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50
Just be careful to unplug the amp and properly discharge the caps before you start digging around. These amps hold onto enough voltage that one wrong move can kill you. If you don't know what you are doing then get someone who does know to show you how to properly discharge an amp so that you don't get shocked.
Not taking any online orders.
Oh forgot to mention, the LED's are not lit(for channel indicator).
Ibanez Rg570EX
-Nailbomb & Liquifire
ENGL screamer 50