Page 1 of 3
What are some of the sufferings you've endured(or are enduring) because of your musicianship?

:3
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
getting asked to play a song then they get mad if i gdont know it or if i do thye really only want to hear the part they like the best and as soon as i play it they lose interest or just yell out another song
nicotine addiction, bad memory, hurty fingertips, bad hearing, greasy hair
Nail maintenance (they get in the way so gotta keep 'em short), minor tinitus (protect your ears kids... I miss silence... ), lack of cash (it isn't a cheap hobby), building callouses (not a problem now, but I think I overdid it before they were there because I would play even after my finger tips started to hurt ). The usual I guess.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Loss of so much money!

Spending money on gear that I want is fine by me, but stuff like paying for practice (which wouldn't be a problem but I know a place I can practice at for practically free...) or paying for recording, which is easy enough to do at home to a quality better than what I've paid for in the past.

The odd times where I have attacks of "I'm not good enough" so I go through a night of doing insane Petrucci style exercises and then not playing cos I think I'm bad, then realising I won't get better unless I do insane exercises...
I never have a rational thought process when I'm in that state of mind...especially considering the field I'm working in doesn't require any kind of intense speed at all.

I actually don't think I have a hell of a lot of pains, when I learn to drive I'm sure I will, what with petrol prices.
And I'm sure when the three bands I'm in get kick started for summer gigs and tours I'll feel a lot of pain!
Quote by Momentosis
What are some of the sufferings you've endured(or are enduring) because of your musicianship?

Singers
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
wrists hurting. Erhu ****s them up something awful
Check out my band Disturbed
E string snapping and cutting my face
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Middle aged Chinese people who are condescending to me because of my choice to go into professional music and not a "legitimate" career, despite the fact that their perception of success is pathetically outdated, formulaic, and just plain wrong.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by StewieSwan
wrists hurting. Erhu ****s them up something awful

There goes your love life.....RIMSHOT
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Having my left eardrum cut out and replaced with a flap of skin from my neck. 3-4 Weeks of deafness in my left ear and a huge scar. But at least I can hear in stereo again.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
Money, alot of it in my gear.

If I had never played guitar, I'd be cruising in my car right now, fully restored/functional and I'd probably go out much more. Right now I'm GASing for a new amp and subsequently I've been on a bean/rice/water/milk diet to save up
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by Xiaoxi
Middle aged Chinese people who are condescending to me because of my choice to go into professional music and not a "legitimate" career, despite the fact that their perception of success is pathetically outdated, formulaic, and just plain wrong.

Go Yo-Yo Ma on their asses. Or maybe just settle for going Lang Lang on their asses.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Go Yo-Yo Ma on their asses. Or maybe just settle for going Lang Lang on their asses.

Pfft, they're not even worth my time!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jesus_Dean
Having my left eardrum cut out and replaced with a flap of skin from my neck. 3-4 Weeks of deafness in my left ear and a huge scar. But at least I can hear in stereo again.

A myringoplasty, eh? I had the same in my right ear, but it didn't work too well
my back. my hands. romantic relationships. money. creative frustrations. friendships with nonmusicians. time spent with my parents and sister. moved four hours away to pursue music and have stayed here.

it's all worth it though. here's a sample. first three hour gig after a two week hiatus (wisdom teeth out).

#DTWD
For guitar, I don't play much so it hurts my fingers like hell whenever I do pick it up.

For vox, it hurts to sing when I have a sore throat.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
^ I just about got that picture out of mind, you dick

speaking of "dick", if you think that's bad you should see some pictures of the blisters on IT! loving unclean women comes with territory I suppose.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Apr 29, 2011,
Quote by primusfan
speaking of "dick", if you think that's bad you should see some pictures of the blisters on IT! loving unclean women comes with territory I suppose.

Surely to get blisters on your thing, it needs to be big enough to touch the sides?
Quote by primusfan

wat am I looking at h-

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Surely to get blisters on your thing, it needs to be big enough to touch the sides?

I just kind of gyrate in wide circles to try to touch the sides.
#DTWD
Quote by Momentosis
wat am I looking at h-

tell me about it. hasn't happened since. refuse to let my calluses ever go away again.

that middle finger had the nastiest blood blister I've ever seen. picture didn't do it justice.
#DTWD
Hearing suffers such a blow and band practice / gigs

Other pains include turning round on stage and hitting your face on the bass players headstock...
Or like most people said, when starting guitar fingers hurt like hell !
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

The odd times where I have attacks of "I'm not good enough" so I go through a night of doing insane Petrucci style exercises and then not playing cos I think I'm bad, then realising I won't get better unless I do insane exercises...

I am so sigging that!
I can relate to the pain in the fingers from adding to the workload, loss of money and the occasional "I should be better!" tantrum.

I actually don't mind the nails thing; I like having short nails.
Lugging shitloads of equipment to practice or gigs. That stuff is bloody heavy and hard to transport.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Page 1 of 3