i play a schecter omen 6..top basswood body, 24-fret bolt-on Maple neck with a Rosewood fretboard nd i mostli play metalcore +melodic death metal....my stock pickups are decent but i need a bit more powerful nd versatile pups....i play mostly original compositions but at the same time sum all that remains,killswitch engage(metalcore)children of bodom (melodeath)nd necrophagist (tech death)...need a pick up with high gain crunchy tone fr riffs(without fuzz) and warm tones for sweep picking solos....thinking of a bareknuckle warpig/seymour duncan invader...plss help.
You can never go wrong with the classic tried and true EMG 81/85. They will be perfect for what you want.

But what amp are you using? That is far more important to your tone than anything else.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
My Mockingbird ST came with Rockfield Mafia 2's. They're the hottest passive pups I've seen. Put them against dimebuckers, and all kinds of stuff.
-Your shadow of doubt.
i am nt at all bothered about clean tones .i dont play much....i hav heard da emg, its vry good but a bit thin ...i need warm mid range in my dist ......
and forgot to mention i play in drop d..nd use ghs boomers 10 s ...
Well the Mafia 2's have great warmth, and great distortion, and great just about everything. They're super versatile, especially with teh coil taps. Just a slight adjustment of volume will alter your tone, and then the tone knob can further fine tune it, so it's easy to tone it down, or blast the crap out of it with a small turn of a knob. I've put this guitar against $700 strats, great les pauls, telecasters, and some peaveys with emg's. The emg's were the only things that outclassed it, and that was just in crazy death metal stuff. It does anything from pink floyd to telecaster twang to punk's tinny or muddy bridge distortion to great blues to van halen/a7x. I know some great guitar players, and every one of them is considering buying a guitar like mine right now. They ALL agree its the best thing they've ever played.

also, synyster gates plays Seymour Duncan SH-8 Invaders and Sustainiac neck pickup sustainer if thats the sound ur looking for.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Apr 29, 2011,
Quote by chayans
i am nt at all bothered about clean tones .i dont play much....i hav heard da emg, its vry good but a bit thin ...i need warm mid range in my dist ......

You've brought out my OCD again. Thanks
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Id get the bareknucle warpigs, or emg 81, 85 set
Id stay away from the sd invader, maybe sd blackouts
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
A lot of people dislike them, but I'm going to recommende a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge position. Just make sure that it's level is almost at its lowest in the slot, not close to the strings as it will sound muddy and will lack clarity if it is raised too high (which is how a lot of people misuse this pup). Also keep your amp's gain down, as its output is extremely high.

You could also get the EMG 81/85 combo, but that would involve much more complex wiring.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
A lot of people dislike them, but I'm going to recommende a Dimarzio X2N in the bridge position. Just make sure that it's level is almost at its lowest in the slot, not close to the strings as it will sound muddy and will lack clarity if it is raised too high (which is how a lot of people misuse this pup). Also keep your amp's gain down, as its output is extremely high.

You could also get the EMG 81/85 combo, but that would involve much more complex wiring.

Not a bad idea. I'd do this. But I hate EMG's with a passion. Wayyy to f'ing sterile. Also, Dsonics are great for metal bridge pups.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Hey thanks, so thats why my guitar sounds like complete trash

Stay away from EMG wayyyy over rated, SD killd them with ease.

If I were you I would get the BKP Warpig and Nailbomb combo
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness