It seems like every method has its drawbacks. 9 volt batteries usually only last a few hours and are expensive as hell. AC adapters are usually fine and are what I've used in the past but then you have wires running all over the place and also need a large, quality power bar with lots of space.

I know they sell power sources that can power several pedals at once, they usually come with several lengths of wire and a "daisy chain" that you can connect to five pedals or so. Reading reviews online people seem to complain about added noise or hum, so maybe that's not the perfect solution either.

It does look promising, though. Is there anything you guys would recommend for around $200? What I've been looking at is the T-Rex Fuel Tank (there's also a Chameleon for the same price, what's the difference?) Anything that's reliable and relatively noise free would be great, or is it best to just stick with multiple AC adapters?

Edit: If it matters, I will need to power no less than three pedals, but probably never more than five.
Last edited by Shadow Eternal at Apr 29, 2011,
I would recommend for 1Spot. I'm currently powering up to that 5 pedals with no hum.
That's the cheap solution.

Otherwise, go for Pedal Power 2+.
Depends on the pedal... I have found that:

Certain modulation effects like their own dedicated wall wart to avoid hum and to get the best sound by having the full power needed.

Fuzz and some distortion pedals sound best with cheap batteries with about 8 volts left.

I run my Boss type effects off my TU-2.

I have several old DOD FX100/105 pedal boards to run the 1/8" jacks. Big, heavy, and limited to 5 pedals each.

So, my opinion is that, ultimately a mix of individual wall warts, multi-pedal power supplies, and batteries is best but not always possible in terms of space.

If it is a gigging situation, the simplest solution is often best. At home, anything is possible.

And a helpful hint: Pass the word around to the family and friends that 9V batteries are great gifts for a pedal junkie... I used to get about a dozen or more every Christmas...
Quote by bogg808
Just get a Pedal Power 2+

The ideal power supplies are the isolated ones (like the PP2+)

This. I have a one-spot right now, and there is hum that is generated by them. Not a crap-ton, but enough to be noticeable.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Noise/hum can result from interference or from "dirty" power via the outlet itself and can be introduced through the guitar's pickups, cord, amp, computer, mic, anything in the signal chain...if hum is truly problematic, experiment by reposition equipment in the room/house/building, use a different outlet, or invest in a power conditioner or other solution like Hum-X's. That said, I like the all-in-one solutions like Voodoo Labs' or Dunlop's DC Brick...hate messing with batteries...especially when things like a Wah pedal take two and have no indicator to tell when they're low...or God forbid, the DL-4 which takes 4 C batteries.

When configured properly on a pedal board the power cords/pigtails can be fairly well placed/secured out of the way.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Last edited by dkunick at Apr 29, 2011,
Quote by Grawgos
I use a one spot. Four pedals, zero hum.

This.

But 6 pedals. I dont see why you would ever need a $200 pedal powerer.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!