Got paid today and after months of GAS'ing over 7 strings I can finally place an order. Thing is, I'm struggling to decide between these two models! Both cost the same price

IBANEZ RG1527
Passive Ibanez Pickups
Edge Pro Tremolo
Decent Cutaway and Slim Neck
Basswood Body
Rosewood Fretboard /w Dot Inlays
Blue
Free Delivery & NO CASE

DEAN RC7x
Active EMG707 Pickups
Official Floyd Rose 7 Tremolo
Massive Cutaway & Extra-thin Neck
Alder Body
Ebony Fretboard (though I suspect Rosewood) /w "Solar Eclipse" inlay
White
Free Delivery & FITTED HARDCASE
I have a 1527 and it is friggin' awesome. And the royal blue finish is amazing. The ONLY downside to it is the stock pickups are (as usual with Ibanez) pretty crap but I replaced mine with SD Blackouts and now it's killer.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Rusty Cooley used to play a RC7x i think and yeah its a really nice guitar.
The inclinated neck pup is actually a nice feature too, and I think that if they are the same price you should go for the RC7x
Moreover, passive pups in a 7 string isnt a great thing
Also, if you haven't looked at them yet, the Agile 7-string models are also pretty awesome, i think that the finish is significantly better-looking than both the guitars you listed (my opinion only)
They also come with 707's or Duncan Blackouts (better too imo) and i think some of are neck-thru, but most of them (if not all) only have a licensed floyd. Price should be in your range too.

Hope this helped
Quote by JohnMerrick
Rusty Cooley used to play a RC7x i think and yeah its a really nice guitar.
The inclinated neck pup is actually a nice feature too, and I think that if they are the same price you should go for the RC7x
Moreover, passive pups in a 7 string isnt a great thing
Also, if you haven't looked at them yet, the Agile 7-string models are also pretty awesome, i think that the finish is significantly better-looking than both the guitars you listed (my opinion only)
They also come with 707's or Duncan Blackouts (better too imo) and i think some of are neck-thru, but most of them (if not all) only have a licensed floyd. Price should be in your range too.

Hope this helped

I really wanted an Agile Interceptor Pro but the import & customs charges would have made it more costly than these two =/

I'm leaning towards thr RC7x but as it's a fairly high amount of money I wanted to run it past a few people first
i would get the ibanez, but that's just me. MIJ for the win.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i would get the ibanez, but that's just me. MIJ for the win.

same..I just loveeee MIJ stuff, and I dont like signature models,specially when they are coming from dean

anyway, congrats on the new guitar, HNGD in advance