Hey guys,

I've been looking for something cheap to record on for a while so I picked up a Pod Studio UX1 for about 200 clams the other day. Been fussing around with PodFarm and i'm liking the crunchy tones and cleans, but the heavier stuff I feel will need a lot of tweaking. I'm going to use this primarily as a soundcard and use VSTs regardless.

I recorded a quick clip of a screamer boosted blackface on soundcloud here:

http://soundcloud.com/nickosaurus/fusion

EDIT: I'm playing through a Epi G400 w/ an IronGear steamhammer in the bridge and the stock neck pup.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Nice! Great playing btw
My Gear:

Fretless Squier P Bass
Ibanez SR400QM
Gallien Krueger 1001RB
Traynor TC410
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD-7
Congrats! I've got one of these and it's great! I don't like using the PodFarm software for modeling though, I prefer to mic up my amp and run into the XLR port. Happy NSCD!
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Thanks for the complement.

^How did it go processing a mic signal? I'm considering buying a Shure sm57 to mic up my Marshall but i'm not sure how good the sound quality would be through this thing... Did you get any clips per chance?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B

^How did it go processing a mic signal? I'm considering buying a Shure sm57 to mic up my Marshall but i'm not sure how good the sound quality would be through this thing... Did you get any clips per chance?

I tried it once and wasn't very happy with what I got. But you should just try it for yourself. What recording software were you using on this?
This was just PodFarm straight into Audacity where I imported the backing track as an MP3... I haven't done any post EQ or anything. Just testing the raw tone really!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Sounds awesome. Very nice playing
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I'm really flattered guys, this was just a mess around. Some licks in there make me cringe haha!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
I'm really flattered guys, this was just a mess around. Some licks in there make me cringe haha!

well compared to my playing...
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by N_J_B_B

Check out my cover of Wet Sand in my profile. My signal went:

'62 AV Strat ---> Egnater Tweaker ---> AKG Perception 220 Condenser Mic ---> Phantom Power ---> TonePort UX1

The other stuff in my profile was Les Paul Custom ---> TonePort UX1 (using PodFarm amp and effect modeling). I find that the PodFarm modeling is pretty good, but ends up sounding fizzy and processed. By using a mic, you don't need to use sound modeling. So far I've been much happier with the tone I get by mic'ing. I find that the toughest part is proper mic placement. I've got some other clips recorded but not up on my profile, which I'd be happy to share with you.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Wetsand sounds great man, so much more raw and fuller tone.. I may have to get me a mic! It sounds like you were holding back a bit with your strumming though.. Were you affraid of breakup?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
best song ive heard in a while, glad you like it
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by N_J_B_B
Wetsand sounds great man, so much more raw and fuller tone.. I may have to get me a mic! It sounds like you were holding back a bit with your strumming though.. Were you affraid of breakup?

Thanks for the compliments on the tone! I'm not done the cover yet, there are a few things I'd like to change but I'll probably just end up re-recording it. I was going pretty easy on my strumming because I had my amp cranked. Since I live in an apartment, it's hard to find the right balance between getting a sweet tube sound and annoying my roommates. Not too worried about breakup from the mic/TonPort because I can always turn the gain down on the interface.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Ah right on... I've got a solid state AVT100x so it will be interesting to see how it sounds through a mic. I hope it will be okay. I can get some pretty meaty tones out of it, it's just a bit loose on the bottom end.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.