Reverse "what to buy" thread. I have too many amps and am looking to sell one or two of them and would like some opinions. Here are the amps:

Peavey 6534+
Recently got it, I really like it and am using it as my main amp for now. Not really thinking to get rid of it.

Peavey 6505
Got it in a trade. My first reflex was to sell it, but I really like how it sounds with a V30 4x12. Plus, it's really reliable. Might be a little too similar to the 6534+ though

Mesa Mark IV
Haven't tested it enough. I think it's a good amp to keep around.

Bogner Uberschall
I must suck at dialing in amps, but I don't see what the fuss is all about with this one. I can get good tones out of it, but nothing that beats the Peaveys by that much. Has a really good resale value

VHT Pittbull CL50
I like how it sounds, but it's very dry, lacks some balls. Sounds good with the EQ, but I can get similar sounds on other amps using a MXR EQ pedal.

Rivera K-Tre
Something different. Haven't played it much, but I can get some tones that aren't too easy to get with other amps. Great cleans is a plus.

I also own a bunch of preamps, including two Engl. What would you guys get rid of if you were me?
If I were you (just my own opinion here ) I would keep the K-Tre and 6505. I honestly never saw anything special in the Mark series, just didn't "do it" for me. I've only ever played a Mark V and IV, so I can't speak for the earlier models.

Edit:
Another benefit of selling the Mark is that you could get yourself a nice 2 channel Dual Recto!
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Last edited by Mopy at Apr 29, 2011,
The Uber and either the 6505 or 6534. Theres no point in keeping the uber if you already have the engls. And both the 6505 and 6534 is over kill. I'd sell the 6505, but its really a toss up.

BTW, massively jelly that you own all of these epic ampzorz
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by Blick71
The Uber and either the 6505 or 6534. Theres no point in keeping the uber if you already have the engls. And both the 6505 and 6534 is over kill. I'd sell the 6505, but its really a toss up.

BTW, massively jelly that you own all of these epic ampzorz

Oh I am jealous too...

I found the 6534 to be more 'djenty'. Which certainly isn't a bad thing, although it didn't have as much "kicking Jesus in the nads" power as the 6505.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
Oh I am jealous too...

I found the 6534 to be more 'djenty'. Which certainly isn't a bad thing, although it didn't have as much "kicking Jesus in the nads" power as the 6505.

Engl preamps though. There is nothing more 'kicking Jesus in the nads' than that. Hell, ENGL preamps go straight to 'castrate satan and use said genitalia to tea-bag Jesus' levels.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Quote by Blick71
Engl preamps though. There is nothing more 'kicking Jesus in the nads' than that. Hell, ENGL preamps go straight to 'castrate satan and use said genitalia to tea-bag Jesus' levels.

Oh man... I've just become even more envious of this guy.

Just run all the amps in stereo and rock out.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
If I were you I would sell the 6505 to me...
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
yeah, if you ever want to sell one of those engl pres let me know lol.

IMO, the amps I'd deffo keep are the Mark and K-tre. The 6534 is also a great one to keep and the fryette is just a great amp
Quote by Mopy
Oh man... I've just become even more envious of this guy.

Just run all the amps in stereo and rock out.

this :D
Quote by Blick71

Just may sig this lol....
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Have you tried boosting the Bogner? I heard they get a lot better with an OD up front.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah, theyre better, but it wont make it a totally different amp. I haven't really heard anything I like from the Ubers. Probably the best use for that Uber would be as a poweramp for the Engls.
Thanks for the opinions guys.
I think I'll sell the 6505 and give the Uberschall another try.
Other comments (or jealousy) are welcome
Business, can you please run one of the ENGLs into the power section of the Uber and post clips? That could be a potentially lethal combo.
Quote by Ohaithur
Sell it all, and buy an axe-fx.

Already got an Axe-FX...

*Hides in corner*
Quote by Business
Reverse "what to buy" thread. I have too many amps and am looking to sell one or two of them and would like some opinions. Here are the amps:

Peavey 6534+
Recently got it, I really like it and am using it as my main amp for now. Not really thinking to get rid of it.

Peavey 6505
Got it in a trade. My first reflex was to sell it, but I really like how it sounds with a V30 4x12. Plus, it's really reliable. Might be a little too similar to the 6534+ though

Mesa Mark IV
Haven't tested it enough. I think it's a good amp to keep around.

Bogner Uberschall
I must suck at dialing in amps, but I don't see what the fuss is all about with this one. I can get good tones out of it, but nothing that beats the Peaveys by that much. Has a really good resale value

VHT Pittbull CL50
I like how it sounds, but it's very dry, lacks some balls. Sounds good with the EQ, but I can get similar sounds on other amps using a MXR EQ pedal.

Rivera K-Tre
Something different. Haven't played it much, but I can get some tones that aren't too easy to get with other amps. Great cleans is a plus.

I also own a bunch of preamps, including two Engl. What would you guys get rid of if you were me?

I'd get rid of one of the Peavey's for sure. There's too much shared ground to keep them both around IMO. I wasn't a huge fan of the Uberschall when I played it, though it was a cool sound. I'd also keep the Mark IV and probably flip the K-Tre. It's a cool amp but the cleans on the Mark IV are good enough for most uses and it's tighter and more aggressive.

I dunno how your Pitbull doesn't have any balls. I was very close to buying one a while back because it was so ballsy, even the 50CL.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
I dunno how your Pitbull doesn't have any balls. I was very close to buying one a while back because it was so ballsy, even the 50CL.

Balls is probably not the right word. Maybe "character" defines what I mean better. It's so dry... but takes pedals so well. Every option on this amp is killer: onboard boost, onboard EQ, rectifier (tube or diode) option, operating class option, FX loop is awesome (serial or parallel) and even the footswitch too!
I would keep the Peaveys and the Mesa, and sell everything else.

You could also sell everything but one of the Peaveys (I guess you'd keep the 6534, if you like that one more), and then buy a Mesa Road King. Possibly still keep the Mark IV though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I would keep the Peaveys and the Mesa, and sell everything else.

You could also sell everything but one of the Peaveys (I guess you'd keep the 6534, if you like that one more), and then buy a Mesa Road King. Possibly still keep the Mark IV though.

I've owned a Rectoverb before, as well as a Roadster combo. I'm not really into the Rectifier series sound. I might score a Dual Rec in a trade soon though long story
I'll take the 6505 or one of the Engl pres of your hands...

EDIT: I've been itching to ditch the Randall too. Maybe then I could fund it.
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Quote by Business
Balls is probably not the right word. Maybe "character" defines what I mean better. It's so dry... but takes pedals so well. Every option on this amp is killer: onboard boost, onboard EQ, rectifier (tube or diode) option, operating class option, FX loop is awesome (serial or parallel) and even the footswitch too!

Yea, that's more how I'd describe it and what kept me from it. It's just a bit too dry for me. It's a really cool sounding amp other than that though. A delay or two and a reverb in the loop can help quite a bit in my experience.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs