I apologize if this has been asked before. I just can't seem to find any info on models in my range. At one point in time i had an Ibanez 6 string electric-acoustic that was in the $3-500 range, and i remember it being a decently built piece. But it's long gone, and was replaced with another electric. Well, maybe its that i'm growing up, or am just becoming obsessed with playing 12 strings every time i'm in GC. (granted those 12's are in the $2,000 + range ) I think i am going to invest in one.

All of the GCs in my area only have 12s in the <$300 and $2,000+ ranges, so that doesn't help me. I'm looking for one between $3-450, but with a quality build/sound.

Could anyone recommend any?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Ibanez makes great 12 strings. I think theres some models around $450...you should look at getting a used one.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Go used, and old if possible. Modern 12's don't last as long, but I've found that older models (pre 80's if you can find them) are built significantly better and are often much cheaper. I myself am getting a Hohner from the seventies soon.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I don't agree with much of the advice here...

For that price range, there are two models I really like.

The Seagull S6 12 or S12 or whatever is probably my favorite. It has great sound and its is made very well. It does have a baseball bat for a neck though.

I also like the Yamaha FG720 12 string. It's a little cheaper, and the neck is a little smaller.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Well, from personal experience, i know that Ibanez makes good 6's. i'm just not sure about their 12s.

How is this??
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-AEL2012ETKS-12-String-Cutaway-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-105958128-i1389795.gc
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
My Ovation Balladeer 12 string plays better than most 6 string acoustics I know of. Take a look at them. Don't let the round backs scare you off.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Two of the nicer 12's I've played was the Luna brand Muse or Trinity models. Can be had for under $500. Viki Genfan is one of the pros who plays them.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic
Have to agree with roamingbard13 on the Seagull. Godin (who own Seagull, Art & Lutherie, Simon & Patrick e.c.t.) have great value, solid-top guitars. If cedar's not your fancy (the S6 models have a solid cedar top) then you may want to check out the Simon & Patrick Woodland 12 Spruce (same build quality, but with the projection and brightness of spruce.) Hope this helps!

RS93