Which would be a better place to go I'm going to take the 2 hour jounry to the nearist one today. So I'm wondering which one has a better sleection of bass stuff
If you're looking for certain gear, I would call both of them before you embark on a 2 hour drive.
Never been to either, but chain stores aren't going to stock the exact same stuff store to store. The people on here might be able to help if you said which city's store you're going to.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Never been to either, but chain stores aren't going to stock the exact same stuff store to store. The people on here might be able to help if you said which city's store you're going to.

Well I think the guitar is in durham nc and the sam ash is in raliegh nc. The problem is I'm look a distrotion pedal and well I don't know what I want yet. The local stores here only carry boss and digitech. Also I wanna look at some cabs and heads. Places around where I live only carry fender and peavy
They'll probably carry similar stuff, chain stores make most of their money selling low-mid priced instruments, so you'll probably see lots of Ibanez, Squier, Fender, and Schecter, and then a few higher end basses like MIA Fenders, MM's, maybe a few Warwicks, ect. Amps, you'll probably see lots of Fender, Peavey, and Ampeg. Guitar Center will have lots of Acoustic amps, and they usually have a healthy amount of Markbass gear. Pedals will probably be similar too, I'd expect lots of Boss, Digitech, and maybe some EHX.

You'd be fine with either really, other then Acoustic amps which are Guitar Center's own brand, you'll find pretty much the same stuff at either, excepting a few odd or used basses.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by th30nlyAket
Well I think the guitar is in durham nc and the sam ash is in raliegh nc. The problem is I'm look a distrotion pedal and well I don't know what I want yet. The local stores here only carry boss and digitech. Also I wanna look at some cabs and heads. Places around where I live only carry fender and peavy

There is a guitar center right across the street from the sam ash in raleigh(on capital boulevard), just thought I'd let you know.
i favor guitar center almost completely except sam ash has rickenbackers
Strauss!
"I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way." - Gustav Mahler.

Quote by AeolianWolf
absolutely what will said

Yay, my first compliment!
You can shop Guitar Center on line
and even find out if your local store
has an item in stock.

I never heard of Sam Ash,

Tabdog