I really like that "synth" ish "string"ish sort of sound in the very beginning of this song. I own a Zoom G7.1ut , and was wondering if its possible to create that sound?

I really just wanted a rough idea of what the effect is called. If you're nice enough to even tell me how to get it working on me pedal that'd be amazing. Here's a link to the manual for my pedal =)


Thanks in advance!
That's just a volume swell, with a bit of reverb. Just cuts off the attack of your picking, basically. You could just do it with the volume knob on your guitar.