After reading over and commenting on the topic of the number of guitars its appropriate to play in one shopping trip I came with an odd question, do you ever have the issue of blurriness when playing multiple guitars in one sitting? I'm talking about if you go out to look/buy with nothing quite in mind and you sit there through quite a few of them do they start to blend together? I only ask because I know my last excursion ended up like that where I wasn't sure which one was which because I sat down through about a half dozen or more models.
Yeah, all the time! If I'm trying to compare a bunch of guitars I try to break it up into multiple trips. Otherwise it's too hard for me to remember what I liked about each one and they all start to blend together. Although you can't wait too long between trips because then you'll forget how certain models played/felt/etc. I try to do it on back-to-back days.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Oh definitely, yeah!

I hate that. The couple of times I was on holiday in places with kickass guitar shops, I went in with grand ideas about trying tons of stuff, and by the time I was on my fourth guitar or amp, I was pretty much punchdrunk.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah happens all the time, last timethe only thiing that stood out was a laguna guitar for 250 bucks...looked kinda ugly, but it played and sounded beautiful.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
yup. definitely. I find its because most of the guitars aren't quite right for me. they're good but certainly not memorable. its even worse with amps. the shop guys let me play loud, so everything sounds a little mushy after a while.

that being said, when one guitar happens to stand out above the blurriness and make an impact, thats usually a sign of guitar-love. when that happens, I buy the guitar