Page 1 of 2
If you could buy any Guitar, which one would you get? I will be getting an insurance settlement in next three months might be looking to get a couple collectibles maybe an SRV "Number one" signature, 50's era Les Paul? Maybe get a Custom build. What would be your choice for dream axe???
Mine would be a master built fender custom shop strat
Guitars

Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Fender MiM Strat

Amps

Vox VT40+
Marshall MG15CDR

Quote by LeakyFlask
I know how it feels dude, none of my pickguards have guitars.

Gretsch White Falcon. I think that is the guitar God would play.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Right now I'm GASing for an HH guitar like a les Paul or sg but if I'm not considering what I have now I might get a Wayne Kramer strat. The American flag design looks awesome, the shs pick up configuration seems interesting and I love the MC5.
On the market for an 8 string right now, so I'd probably get a custom one made from ESP. If we're not talking custom, probably an Ibanez RG2228.

My dream guitar had always been an old Gibson LP Silverburst though. Doubt I'll ever find one for a price I'll be able to pay.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Custom shop Jackson RR1 or soloist with a Sustainiac and Duncans.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
at the moment probably a 1965 gibson firebird V - non-reverse model with 2 mini-humbuckers.

realistically, though, i'd have to get a copy made by a local luthier.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Apr 29, 2011,
My dream or ultimate guitar is a guitar with 27 frets and 7 strings preferably by Ibanez or ESP, thankfully Ibanez makes that with just a metal body.
Quote by Cajunmichael
If you could buy any Guitar, which one would you get? I will be getting an insurance settlement in next three months might be looking to get a couple collectibles maybe an SRV "Number one" signature, 50's era Les Paul? Maybe get a Custom build. What would be your choice for dream axe???

I'd say custom build and get everything you want. You can get some awesome stuff from custom shops

http://fendercustomshop.com/

Frankly what I'd consider the prefect guitar is miles away from either of the choices you're thinking about.

I'd go for something from the ESP or Jackson custom shop.

The simple fact is most of neck profiles from Fender or Gibson and my personal taste just don't mesh.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Already got it. Mosrite Ventures II (Version 3 which is equivalent to an early Mark V model)

It needs some love though. This is an old pic. But even in its current state I'm fond of it.

As for other dream guitars? Well, They're not dreams. I'll be able to build just about anything I want once I can do so.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at May 1, 2011,
Talking non-custom models, I'd probably go with a Gibson Flying V Tribal with a can of trans cherry spraypaint, a Schecter Hellraiser V1 FR or a KxK KK Downing V(with maple frets). With customs in however, I'd go...

Shape:Gibson V, Schecter 3-to-a-side headstock
Body wood:Mahogany
Neck wood:Maple, satin finish, bolt-on with reduced heel
Nut width:1 3/4"(I know, I'm a nutcase)
Frets:22 maple, medium jumbo
Inlays:Black Maltese crosses, red with black outlines on 12th
Tuners:Grover, black chrome
Neck profile:Schecter Damien Elite
PickupsiMarzio Super Distortion in bridge, DiMarzio Super 2 in neck, black chrome covers
Pickguard:Black-white-black
Hardware:All black chrome, 1 volume, 1 tone, 5-way blade switch(2nd and 4th positions as coil taps), dome knobs, input jack on lower fin
Bridge:Kahler 2315, black chrome
Finish:Black Cherryburst, black headstock
Scale length:25.5"

...oh, the woes of being left handed...xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by 3074326
On the market for an 8 string right now, so I'd probably get a custom one made from ESP. If we're not talking custom, probably an Ibanez RG2228.

My dream guitar had always been an old Gibson LP Silverburst though. Doubt I'll ever find one for a price I'll be able to pay.

Thought about a silverbuurst myself or Gold top, 50's era depending on condition and price. I think either would make for good investments
Quote by Cajunmichael
Thought about a silverbuurst myself or Gold top, 50's era depending on condition and price. I think either would make for good investments

that'd have to be a pretty big insurance settlement
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Maybe get a Ric 4003 Jetglo. Not even to play. Just to look at.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
A Blackmachine B2... I am absolutely in love with it... Either that or a Caparison TAT-II Frozen Sky... they are both guitars I would die to own and, while my Prestige is far from a slouch (I love it to death) my life would be complete with that Blackmachine... a piece of art...

Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Well I dont know a whole lot about guitars as Im not a very good player ( yet ! ) but some Jackson Pro/MG series Soloist probably, maybe with some Bareknuckle PUs. Which I might actually buy for myself for Christmas this year
I own a few luthier guitars that are knockouts...but if I were to go into a music shop with a blank check, I'd either get a Vigier Surfreter fretless guitar, some kind of Parker Fly or a Paul Vo Collector's Edition Moog Guitar.

(Then I'd apologize to my luthier and promise to order something new from him...)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 1, 2011,
Quote by handlerb
Gretsch White Falcon. I think that is the guitar God would play.

He does, his name is John Frusciante... I kid, I kid.

But seriously my dream guitars are a vintage White Falcon, or a Vintage Telecaster.

@Gargoyle2500
That's such a beautiful guitar even just like that. I'm jealous.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Last edited by unicornfist at May 1, 2011,
As a metal (in particular Metallica) fanatic, I'd love to find one of the original 1957 Explorers. However, as only 40 were made, I doubt I'd find one. The other guitar that I love the look of (even though I know others hate it) is the ESP "Iron Cross" that James Hetfield uses.

However, as far as custom guitars go, I'm nearly there; I've been making an explorer-style guitar for the last five months, and it is now being sprayed as I type. Got a super-light Pacific Maple (or something like that) body, Queensland Maple neck with rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, an EMG 81 and an EMG 85, sprayed black with a aluminium checker-plate scratchplate on top.
Last edited by DJ_Effrey at May 1, 2011,
I achieved what was my dream guitar about 4 months ago. An Ibanez S540 in Desert Yellow HSH configuration. Here she is with some tasty pickup upgrades.

But now that I have that, if I could get any guitar I want without paying the bill for it it would most likely be a custom Hufschmid 7 string. Just look at these beauties this guy has made. Stunning.

(Invalid img)
A Gibson Explorer made to my specs.. and with 24 frets.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Schecter Custom Shop all the way.
Currently Using:

Washburn X-Series w/ SH-8 and Pearly Gates
Peavey Vypyr 120h
Peavey Valveking 412 Slant
ISP Decimator
Ernie Ball .12-.56

Quote by CannedBullets
get to Wisconsin, do a S.E.A.L Team 6 style raid on her dwelling with a few other guys, show no mercy
An ESP Horizon FR-II
"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
For metal and all that jazz (see what I did there?), I'd most definitely have to have a go with Hufschmid guitars and Bernie Rico Jr. Both of them make incredible intsruments.

For cleans and class, a Fender Custom Shop 72 Deluxe Telecaster, natural finish.

For everything in between, a PRS Custom 24/Modern Eagle in with a black cherry maple top.

But when it comes to buying within a budget, nothing seems to beat the Carvin Custom Shop. They'll make your own dream guitar for under $2000.
At the moment...
Kinda likely: RG2228
Less likely: NEW RG2228
Never gonna happen: Blackmachine F8
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Stuff I'd still very much like to have:

- a second Suhr
- ESP Sexy Fingers CV Panther signature
- Blackmachine B2
- A rather splendid Fender Customshop Strat The Music Zoo just recieved
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
that $110,000 Martin would be awesome to have but as of right now its a white 3 pickup 1963 gibson sg custom
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
A Gibson Explorer made to my specs.. and with 24 frets.

+5631823542739203
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I'd get a custom Suhr. I don't think I could ask for more out of a guitar really.
PRS Modern Eagle II in Sapphire Blue.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
I'd get a super-strat style guitar with the body shaped like an Ibanez S Prestige. A 24 Fret Neck. H-S-H p-up config. Light-greenish color. I'd have a Floyd Rose tremolo system. And a Tree of life inlay on the neck.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Last edited by Robbin'TheHood at May 6, 2011,
I guess you are looking at a nice settlement if you have thoughts of picking up a 35K SRV CS #1 lol.Believe it or not it may be the best C Fender to own for resale value since they old for 10K and ome have fetched over 40K already, but I think you are more a player than a collecto. Beides who would feel comfortable leaving the house with a guitar worth that much.

I personally would get a CS Fender Tele and Strat, two EBMM BFR Guitars, an R9 and a Suhr and never have to buy another guitar again.
Page 1 of 2