Hey!

I already posted another topic about my problem a few days back, but it was about EMG pickups. But the guys told me not to mix passive and active PUs. So i am macking thgis topic to ask you guys wich pickup is best for the neck position and i also want to join the word METAL to my search for the ultimate metal neck PU. I plat Thrash, Death, Heavy, speed Metal, but i play it on a Yamaha Pacifica 112V wich is HSS, and my hambucker simply does not goive me a good sustain, and gain to, i guess. I don't want to replace it tough, so i need a good neck PU wich is also good for Metal.

My budget is limited to 100 euros so i dont want to hear about Pickup sets or things like that

Thanks for your time
NEVERMORE IS NOT THE SAME THING WITHOUT JEFF LOOMIS: DEAL WITH IT
Last edited by zurgoku at Apr 29, 2011,
Ahh, there's your problem. Humbuckers shouldn't be made with ham.

Jokes aside, hot rails. definitely.
I really like the Seymour Duncan Custom 5's. I play a blend of rock and metal, so these cover both realms well - but they are extremely tight in high gain situations AND have rich tonality.

I think purely "metal" pickups tend to sound sterile, so I prefer something like this. Also, whatever Steve Vai has in his bridge also is good for metal without being to thin.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
humm...

I was thinking about a Seymour Duncan Invader, but dunno if it will have a good sustain or even gain, because it is originaly a bridge pickup, and want to put it on the neck position, they make them for the neck tough.

@JackOSE thanks for the suggestion. i will consider it.
is the 112 routed for a humbucker in the neck position?

isn't metal normally played in the bridge position?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
is the 112 routed for a humbucker in the neck position?

isn't metal normally played in the bridge position?

Yes, i know, but i really don't want to replace my bridge Hambucker.

And, what do you mean by routed?
holes cut in the body, basically

Now I think of it, it might have a swimming pool route, so it might be ok- though that might be the older version.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
holes cut in the body, basically

Now I think of it, it might have a swimming pool route, so it might be ok- though that might be the older version.

Yeah, but cant i find someone to make the hole, like in a music store, or something. I was hoping so.
maybe. I guess it depends on whether they employ a luthier, and if they do, what all tools etc. he has there.

Any of the music stores I've asked (which tend to be smaller ones, so it's not like I did a scientific poll or anything ) normally could only do setups which didn't require tools.

But I mean if you're near a big music shop they might do it.

Though I don't know if it'd be worth it, it could get costly.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
maybe. I guess it depends on whether they employ a luthier, and if they do, what all tools etc. he has there.

Any of the music stores I've asked (which tend to be smaller ones, so it's not like I did a scientific poll or anything ) normally could only do setups which didn't require tools.

But I mean if you're near a big music shop they might do it.

Though I don't know if it'd be worth it, it could get costly.

I am not near a big one but i can get there by car if i need to. I will porbably buy my pickup there.

Costly? Like 100€ cotly or 20€ costly xD
i'm guessing more like 100 euro. if not more.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm guessing more like 100 euro. if not more.

Damn.

I will have to figure something out. If not, i guess i will have to replace my hambucker
I don't like being the one to say this but, I've noticed you're playing through a roland cube, so a pickup isn't going to make a massive difference, you're best off waiting and saving the money towards a better amp.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.