Heres how it goes:

Today, we had a music contest at my school, and My band and I happened to win the contest. I played the guitar, but we've added one more member, to take over my guitar. Now I wonder, when we play live, during the solos. What do I do in order to not seem boring?

The stage is relatively small (10x3metres) and we're playing the following songs:

Black Strobe - I'm A Man
ZZ Top - La Grange
Joe Bonamassa - The Ballad of John Henry
The Animals - House of The Rising Sun

Any suggestions appreciated & thanks in advance.
Dance (rock and roll style, not like an idiot). Listen to the solo and pretend its the greatest thing you've ever heard. Smile and interact with the crowd.

Watch videos of the great vocalist/frontmen. They always maintain energy by moving around and acting like they are loving the song.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
It shouldn't really matter what you do. The focus should be on the leas guitar player, not the singer. Let him/her take front stage, walk around, head bang with the other members, talk with them, have some fun with them. Whatever
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Some frontmen tend to mimic the guitarist, sort of mockingly as they have their chance to show off. To keep it interesting why not shout 'Yeah' or something when appropriate.

At this point you can more or less do what you want, the audience is concentrating on the guitarist and his solo now, when rehearsing see what comes naturally and do that. If you try to choreograph moves they look far too robotic and less proffesional. I've known some people to spend ages watching video's of bands and copying exactly what the frontmen to those bands do, time that could've been spent learning or even writing songs.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
Quote by MR.Shamanistica
Some frontmen tend to mimic the guitarist, sort of mockingly as they have their chance to show off.

Quote by handlerb
Dance (rock and roll style, not like an idiot). Listen to the solo and pretend its the greatest thing you've ever heard. Smile and interact with the crowd.

Great advice! Thanks
Whatever you do, don't be David Lee Roth hamming it up even when he's supposed to share the spotlight. Unless your mates seem to like it, in which case go ahead.