Poll: Do you obsessively put on anti-bacteria hand gel?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you obsessively put on anti-bacteria hand gel?
Yes - Been there before
11 16%
No
39 56%
TS is crazy
20 29%
Voters: 70.
I love the way anti-bacteria handgel feels on my skin! It's addictive the way it disappears and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth - I think I'm addicted to it! I sometimes buy it just for the different flavours (no I don't eat it but I've been tempted to).

My favourites types are the Carex Grapefruit & Lime and Radox Lime & Coriander but my most prized one is the Superdrug Clean & Dry <33333!

That stuff is amazing - it says it's non-fragrant but it has this really nice smell that reminds me of where I used to study everyday, 9-11pm on the 4th Floor of this building where I put it on religiously every hour. All my friends think I have an OCD...this obsession has been going on for around half a year now, although I don't put it on quite as much as I used to though.

The Cuticura plain one isn't bad either - that one evaporates the most though.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Note to self: mess with this guy's anti-bacteria hand gel.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I love that stuff. Keep some in my bag at all times.

Mine's just standard Carex. No specific flavour/smell I don't think.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Kilobyte
I love that stuff. Keep some in my bag at all times.

Mine's just standard Carex. No specific flavour/smell I don't think.

I recommend the Grapefruit & Lime one - it smells exactly like Lemontea.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I work in a lab so I have to use LabGaurd. It kills everything! I dont like the smell of it though...
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
We have it at work, cuz we deal with so much money and money has traces of everything on it. Our one smells like watermelon. Don't put it on your Johnson though
I always get shitty smelling brands apparently. Everyone I've tried either smells like heavy duty cleaner, some shitty worn our rasberry that still smells like industrial cleaner and a shit ton of other similar chemical cleaners.

But yes I still use them but not for smell and not that often, only before I eat.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
Quote by Harmonius
I recommend the Grapefruit & Lime one - it smells exactly like Lemontea.

I'll keep an eye out next time I'm buying some. I used to have an alternate brand one which was green, but I can't remember for the life of me the make. It had a lemon smell though.

What annoys me is that it doesn't make my hands smooth if I've been wearing my gloves all day, because wihle it disinfects, it doesn't get rid of all the tiny, tiny bits of fluff/dirt on your hands. Still, the feeling of washing your hands, then putting some of this on is just amazing.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Nah, it dries my hands to a crisp. I'm a student nurse and when I'm on placement I end up spending most of my loan on hand cream to try to counteract the effects of this godawful stuff.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
No, I used to have a lot of it though after I had my spleen removed I was more prone to illness.

I still am, I just live my life normally without worrying too much about bacteria, I mostly just did it to make my parents feel better about my well being.
Enjoy your super bacteria first world countries lolololollolololloloolollol
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
Quote by Kilobyte
I'll keep an eye out next time I'm buying some. I used to have an alternate brand one which was green, but I can't remember for the life of me the make. It had a lemon smell though.

What annoys me is that it doesn't make my hands smooth if I've been wearing my gloves all day, because wihle it disinfects, it doesn't get rid of all the tiny, tiny bits of fluff/dirt on your hands. Still, the feeling of washing your hands, then putting some of this on is just amazing.

I put it on quie a lot and a few times my skin feels soapy. I just wash my hands with clean water and put on some more anti-bacteria gel . It's amazing how much of the lasts though - it takes forever to empty!

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wd8x88.jpg

Here's my current collection atm.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Wash your hands if you need to use it more than twice. After 2 or 3 times, it becomes ineffective, or that's what i was told by St John Ambulance.
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69

I approve of your avatar. That is all.
Over-use of hand sanitizer is not a good idea.
Kids have gotten alcohol poisoning from ingesting it.
Hand sanitizer kills good bacteria as well as bad.
It weakens the body's resistance to infection.

Even the concept of hand sanitizer is not sanitary. In hand washing, the dirt and grime is rinsed off and flushed away. Hand sanitizer just smears the dirt around.
The idea is that the alcohol kills all germs and bacteria is false. Alcohol may kill some germs, but not all. Hand-washing isn't perfect, but it's cleaner. If you wash with hot water, the heat kills many germs that cleansers miss.

The best solution is to stay healthy and avoid infection. Practice good nutrition and hygiene, get plenty of fluids and rest, exercise, dress for the weather, avoid sick people and observe safety precautions. These are the best infection fighters.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Last edited by pawnluv at Apr 29, 2011,
No, because I realize that the moment I touch anything they'll be covered with bacteria again. Can't fight the wind.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by pawnluv
Over-use of hand sanitizer is not a good idea.
Kids have gotten alcohol poisoning from ingesting it.
Hand sanitizer kills good bacteria as well as bad.
It weakens the body's resistance to infection.

Even the concept of hand sanitizer is not sanitary. In hand washing, the dirt and grime is rinsed off and flushed away. Hand sanitizer just smears the dirt around.
The idea is that the alcohol kills all germs and bacteria is false. Alcohol may kill some germs, but not all. Hand-washing isn't perfect, but it's cleaner. If you wash with hot water, the heat kills many germs that cleansers miss.

The best solution is to stay healthy and avoid infection. Practice good nutrition and hygiene, get plenty of fluids and rest, exercise, dress for the weather, avoid sick people and observe safety precautions. These are the best infection fighters.

Same with body wash, all your doing is spreading everything around. So don't wash your ass and then go for the face.

Better yet, don't shower.

Originally Posted by Mr-Mufflers69

I approve of your avatar. That is all.

Approval noted. In the New world regime you will go far my son.
Last edited by Mr-Mufflers69 at Apr 29, 2011,
No. In fact I rarely use it at all, although I was thinking of buying it as a sort of fuck-you present to the restaurant that didn't hire me, because they never tell their employees to wash their hands.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by So-Cal
Enjoy your decreased immunity.

Rather, increased immunity of bacteria. TS and people like him are responsible for super viruses.
I hardly ever wash my hands, and my job includes scrubbing the floor mats of a busy kitchen.

I do wash them after I use the B room tho.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Well, I have a very good immune system anyway. I never took my BCG vaccination either because the Doctors said that I had a good immune system that I didn't need to be vaccinated :p - I even got an official letter vetting me out...not sure what happened to that letter though
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

People are overly obsessed with cleanliness really. Being ill is a good thing in moderation.
I hope you understand that you're contributing to the inevitable superbug that will wipe out a large portion of people.

You're making bacteria stronger by killing all the weak ones you fool. Wash your hands like a normal person.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I don't ever put it on because I understand science and I don't want everyone to die of plague/MRSA/TB.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by tayroar
I hope you understand that you're contributing to the inevitable superbug that will wipe out a large portion of people.

You're making bacteria stronger by killing all the weak ones you fool. Wash your hands like a normal person.

Except most soap is anti-bacterial too..............
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
Except most soap is anti-bacterial too..............

No it isn't, you have to look for anti-bacterial soap usually, I had to get it for wrestling. Anyway, handsanitizer and the likes should be illegalized except for places like hospitals.

It's just natural selection that we are creating super bugs. Advertizements say they kill 99.9% of germs, that's not a good thing people, creating a harsh environment for an organism makes organisms stronger, faster.
Quote by tayroar
No it isn't, you have to look for anti-bacterial soap usually, I had to get it for wrestling. Anyway, handsanitizer and the likes should be illegalized except for places like hospitals.

It's just natural selection that we are creating super bugs. Advertizements say they kill 99.9% of germs, that's not a good thing people, creating a harsh environment for an organism makes organisms stronger, faster.

I can't find any soap that DOESN'T have anti-bacteria in it. But I agree we need to stop.
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
I can't find any soap that DOESN'T have anti-bacteria in it. But I agree we need to stop.

I blame advertisers, it's easy to scare an audience with tiny invisible monsters that want to kill you, and people will look so **** eyed at whoever moves to illegalize it, but it needs to be done.
Quote by tayroar
I blame advertisers, it's easy to scare an audience with tiny invisible monsters that want to kill you, and people will look so **** eyed at whoever moves to illegalize it, but it needs to be done.

+1

I also blame the audience for being so easily scared and not knowing enough science.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Flavour? You mean scents?
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Quote by Meths
+1

I also blame the audience for being so easily scared and not knowing enough science.

+1 although you could say that about almost any subject, most of the world is scientifically illiterate.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69

Bacteria don't develop resistances to alcohol.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by boycew02
Nah, it dries my hands to a crisp. I'm a student nurse and when I'm on placement I end up spending most of my loan on hand cream to try to counteract the effects of this godawful stuff.

This is it, anyone that washes their hands for their work knows the worst thing is antibacterial soaps, when I am treating patients yeah, when I am cooking then I dont really need particularly clean hands, I have an immune system.

Best soap is mild soap
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by tayroar

Yeah, but no. Making it illegal won't solve anything, and just adds another pointless item to regulate. What need to be done is education.
Quote by tayroar

Like I said, bacteria do not develop resistances to alcohol, which is what most anti-bacterial hand gels use. That's why they leave your hands leaving silky, ethanol is volatile.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
No, it excessively dries out skin.

Recently, a friend got a bunch of hand-sanitzer, cupped it in his hand, and slapped another friend. We now call this the "sani-slap."