Poll: Which out of these two?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which out of these two?
Jackson JS35KE Kelly
10 32%
Cort VX-4X
21 68%
Voters: 31.
Jackson JS35KE Kelly Electric Guitar Specifications:

Body Species: Alder
Body Style: Kelly
Number of Frets: 24
Fret Size: Jumbo Frets
Bridge Pickup: Jackson CVR2 Humbucking Pickup
Neck Pickup: Jackson CVR2 Humbucking Pickup
Bridge: Double locking licensed floyd rose tremolo

OR

Cort VX-4X Electric Guitar:
BODY Mahogany
FRET 24 / Jumbo (2.9mm)
INLAY VX Custom Inlay w/ Biohazard Symbols
PICKUP EMG-HZ H4 (H-H)
UNIQUE FEATURE Carbon Fiber Pattern Pickguard
STRING D'addario EXL110(046-010)
bump !

please i want serious opinions..........please help me with this guitar experts!!!
Tell us prices and what genres you play.
I'm guessing it's metal.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Apr 29, 2011,
not juss metal...its hard rock and soft rock, punk rock too. More towards the greenday, hinder, creed, iron maiden, dream theater, metallica, nickelback etc.
prices are near about the same. Cort is $600 i.e. with the flight case. for a flight case i need to pay like around $110 for any guitar. So for the Cort guitar its including. For Jackson its $550 or lesser around $30 less and that is without the Flight case.
Cort it is, only if you won't miss the floyd :p
You forgot to mention that the Cort has a badarse body shape!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Cort it is, only if you won't miss the floyd :p
You forgot to mention that the Cort has a badarse body shape!

so does that mean the cort's body shape is bad or is kickass ?? :P coz m seriously confused :P
Quote by RantiNasha
so does that mean the cort's body shape is bad or is kickass ?? :P coz m seriously confused :P

it means its 'kickass'
I'd take the Cort. It has better features for the money. A lot of people seem to ignore Cort when looking for guitars in that price range. I never thought the Jackson JS series were particularly impressive, although I haven't tried the most recent ones.

EDIT: Also, I doubt the Jackson is made of alder. Most of the JS guitars have indian cedro bodies.
Last edited by sashki at Apr 29, 2011,
I love Jacksons, but the Cort has better specs. Also, the Cort is fixed bridge rather than some crappy LFR that the Jackson has
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'd go with the Cort, the pickups are better and I'd rather have a fixed bridge instead of a shitty licensed Floyd. Also it looks awesome.
I have no sig
Cort, just because it doesn't have an LFR.

Why are you deciding between these two? Is it just for the shape? Because having an FR or a fixed bridge is kind of a really big factor.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yup !! its the shape but still...the thing is i checked the UG reviews...even jackson has really good reviews...this guitar is exactly like jackson JS32KE...and m sure its body is an indian alder and not indian cedro..I have personally played jackson and still the sound output was good even LFR sounds good sometimes..but i dint use the whammy though...and the jackson i played was in a showroom...n i know the problems with LFR...but still u know i juss wanted some advise outta these...as i see the poll its like 70-30 favoring cort...lets see...i'll be closing this thread by tomorrow...still people are welcome to submit their suggestions !!
I am a huge cort Fan.
They have a very solid range for very solid prices, i love my cort G254
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
I'm currently considering the Cort KX5 (pearl white) without the floyd. It's cheap and cheerful and I've only heard good things about it.

Cort seems the way to go OP.
I really think you should go ahead and try both guitars out and buy the one you like better rather than the one with better specs. It's not necessarily the specs you should be worrying about at this point, it's really about how it feels in your hands.
Quote by Dimefan1993
I really think you should go ahead and try both guitars out and buy the one you like better rather than the one with better specs. It's not necessarily the specs you should be worrying about at this point, it's really about how it feels in your hands.

its like the cort is not available here anywhere in the showrooms...i need to order it...so the thing is i can play jackson coz its here in the showroom and i'v played it...so m juss confused ....coz jackson sounds good too....but the thing is cort also has better specs at the same price and it looks kickass too....so m jus askin sm suggestions that cort or jackson....cozi need to order soon !!!!
As a happy KX5 user I'd reccomend the cort. But of course try both guitars first if you can.
Kombat Gear:

just saw some videos on youtube with people having VX-4X !! the thing is it juss sounds awsum !! the tone clean n wen distorted is crunchy n crisp like what i expected !! thanx guys !! m gonna go with Cort VX-4X...thanx for all your support and suggestions !!
          ----------------------------------------------thread closed !!-----------------------------------------------------