So I'm going to achieve most of the distorted sounds out of a ibanez jemini distortion.
But it has got to have like a crunchy second channel which is crunchy enough to get as a crunchy rock sound, yet clean enough to make it enitrely clean by bypassing distortion and rolling back volume.
I want it to be like that guitar effect from boss: dyna amp.
Dyna amp is a tube simulator that actually adds distortion by picking intensity.
Or should I buy the dyna amp pedal myself and add it to the distortion?
And preferably no tubes but I won't cry because you guys give me examples with tubes.
Budget?
Genres?
New/used?
Gigging?
Current Gear?
Closest Major City?

And why do you not want a tube amp?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Budget? Off the top of my head I'd recommend a Peavey JSX, or it's clone, the Bugera 333XL (which is obviously cheaper).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Major Sparky
Budget?
Genres?
New/used?
Gigging?
Current Gear?
Closest Major City?

And why do you not want a tube amp?

Budget keep it under $500.
Genres mostly Steve Vai and classic rock such as kiss and acdc.
As long as everything works I don't care if it's used.
Not gigging.
Current gear is the gear Im soon gonna let go.
I have pod farm for my amp simulation and a pedalboard with ds-1 and ch-1 both from boss.
I know a good place in The Hague they got all these things there.
No tube amp because of changing the tubes.
You only have to change tubes like every 2-3 years (possibly even longer intervals than that, considering you don't gig).

I've heard of some amps that have had the same tubes for a decade or more and still sound awesome. It's really not worth it to get an inferior amp just because you don't want to do that slight bit of maintenance.

Back to the amps, given what you said, I firmly stand by my JSX/333XL option. You'll have to go with a 333 with that budget anyway though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You only have to change tubes like every 2-3 years (possibly even longer intervals than that, considering you don't gig).

I've heard of some amps that have had the same tubes for a decade or more and still sound awesome. It's really not worth it to get an inferior amp just because you don't want to do that slight bit of maintenance.

Back to the amps, given what you said, I firmly stand by my JSX/333XL option. You'll have to go with a 333 with that budget anyway though.

Seriously?
Then I will get a tube amp.
Im familiar with the 333 amps but those aren't avaiable anywhere in Holland.
Any other suggetsions?
Quote by liampje
So I'm going to achieve most of the distorted sounds out of a ibanez jemini distortion.
But it has got to have like a crunchy second channel which is crunchy enough to get as a crunchy rock sound, yet clean enough to make it enitrely clean by bypassing distortion and rolling back volume.
I want it to be like that guitar effect from boss: dyna amp.
Dyna amp is a tube simulator that actually adds distortion by picking intensity.
Or should I buy the dyna amp pedal myself and add it to the distortion?
And preferably no tubes but I won't cry because you guys give me examples with tubes.

So you want an amp that reacts like a tube amp, but you don't want people to recommend tube amps?

There is no hope for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm well aware of Roland's "Dyna Amp" technology, and what it claims to do - if you think it even comes close to reacting and sounding like the real thing then feel free to use it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com