I'm browsing the web looking at stompboxes (exams in 2 weeks, procrastination at max at the moment =/)

Just wondering in terms of mass produced (non-boutique basically) pedals, which brands are good?

Personally haven't had the time to go to a shop and try out pedals. They've been in practice rooms but I've never picked them out myself. I went to try out an EC-1000 a few days back and there was a pedalboard full of Digitech Hardwire pedals. Personally, I thought they sounded alright (I'm no audiophile, and again, nothing to compare them to except a cheap Korg multi-FX and my mates Boss multi-FX over very short periods of time). The guy in the shop said he thought they were crap and was working on getting them taken out of the practice room, but he also seemed like a bit of an equipment snob so I wanted a second opinion.

When you're shopping for FX pedals which brands do you/dont you look at?
Gear
ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black - Orange Tiny Terror Combo

Tama Superstar Custom Hyperdrive w/ Sabian Cymbals
Old MXRs are probably the best stomps I've used for the money. Boss stuff is second to that. Digitech is pretty good for modulation and delays/reverbs. I never really liked any of their distortion pedals, though. If you can afford them, Eventide's pedals are light years beyond everything else.
The Hardwire series is pretty damn good for the price. Even a bunch of cork sniffers like the reverb. Way Huge makes some awesome pedals for reasonable prices, as do MXR. For some reason all of the Dunlop branded stuff tends to be overpriced crap even though they're the same company.

Boss's delays aren't bad at all. Neither is the SD-1. Ibanez makes a bunch of cool pedals for a good price. Electro-Harmonix is kind of hit and miss.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Oh ya, I forgot about the new TC line. The delay and reverb especially have been getting killer reviews.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Pretty much what everyone said; Boss, MXR, TC Electronic, Electro Harmonix, Digitech, Ibanez, Maxon

Not every model from these companies is going to be interesting though.
Sounds fair enough. Thanks
Gear
ESP LTD EC-1000 Vintage Black - Orange Tiny Terror Combo

Tama Superstar Custom Hyperdrive w/ Sabian Cymbals
Ibanez, Digitech Hardwire, Boss (except for some of the recent pedals -_-), MXR.

In particular, the Ibanez "7" line is discontinued now, but they were absolutely killer pedals for the price. I have a TS7 that I got for $25 on ebay that I would take over a TS9 any day of the week (given it's price).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
tonerider is pretty good for pretty cheap...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have yet to be disappointed by anything I've tried by TC. Pretty great sounding effects, and pretty reasonable prices.

I had an MXR carbon copy for a while, pretty solid delay box. Only got rid of it because I bought a rack FX unit (TC).

I've only used boss pedals briefly (aside from their tuner and noise gate, which are both quite solid), so I can't really comment on them much. Boss gets a fairly bad rap around here though.

I've never been a huge stompbox guy, I jumped on the rack train pretty early on, so the g major 2 pretty much covers all my needs effect wise.

I would avoid zoom... They may have improved them in recent years, but I had an old zoom MFX pedal several years ago that was absolute junk. Sounded very fizzy and digital, and it was made from cheap ass plastic. The solder joints on the PCB would constantly break loose, and had to be redone every month or so. Very annoying, and pretty poor design.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes