I thought it was awesome, with the exception that the strap holder came off mid-playing....but I was just playing my friend's
Searchbar and find the T bird thread, that should have more then enough info/opinions/flaming.

Personally I hate Thunderbirds. I find them uncomfortable, annoyingly muddy, and they suffer from too many design flaws, most notably the terrible upper fret access and that awful 3-point bridge.

If you like them, more power to you, but I have a hard time seeing T birds as anything more then heavy planks of fail.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I love mine. The neck dip can be kind of annoying, but its not that big of a deal. The pickups are pretty good, ive never had any problems with it. I find the neck to be very accessible and smooth. It grows on you. If you like heavy guitars, then its for you. I dont regret buying it. You should try it out in the store a couple of times, and then if you like it, get it. Like I said, I love mine. Whats your preferences and playing style?
I play metal guitar..but i wanted a bass for more of an everything bass..and i heard good things of epiphone..the bass i use 4 school is an ibanez roadstar..but i want my own =D
I played one at guitar center and felt and sounded better than the $1100 fender I had played right before hand.
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

So what...I like Metal...sue me

"music elitists"
Personally I agree with the mudbucker, bridge and everything flaming about a standard Epi Thunderbird but the newer models of the Thunderbird Pro series to me are pretty damn good.

The sound is better than the Gibson ones but that's maybe just a matter of taste, they look damn sexy (which isn't really important but meh) but most importantly they switched the strapbuttons to the back of the body which improves stability.
my first bass had it for 2 years
i like the sound of it it has a more low end sound compared to most basses

u gotta move the strap button screw to behind the neck to prevent it from diving
just need a screw driver to do it

epiphones used heavy wood but this also means its more durable. i have dropped it a few times even accidently stuck it in a moving ceiling fan and it still looks and works great

a good deal for $300 imo
I got my Ibanez SR700 caught in a ceilling fan and you wouldn't know it. And that's light as a feather.

Heavy does not mean durable.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I've got a Goth. Had it for about 3 months now and the neck has begun to crack on both sides extending from the notch where the nut sits, diagonally toward the body and and the back of the neck. It hasn't suffered any abuse, no crashes from neck dives (mostly played seated), or any other mishaps that I AM AWARE of.
Aside from the crappy bridge, I've liked it. The satin finish feels very good in my hands.
^That sums up an Epi Thunderbird pretty well.

If you ignore the crappy quality control, the shitty bridge and the neckdive and if you like the one sound it does well, then get one.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
I own one and have had it for a little while now. To be honest, I love it.

It's got a really delicious and warm end to it. I've used it for recording and live shows, all that jazz. Never let me down.

There is the issue of the neck dive but I've learned to love it and it helps me get into some positions that are often hard to get to.
CEO - The Meme Store.
CEO - Moustache and Monocle.
Electronic Engineer - Dynamix Audio Engineering.

I enjoy rain. Rain noise is nice.

Caught in the Crossfire
British Post-Rock group.
http://www.facebook.com/CITCMusic
Dead Famous Records
You should definitely try one before buying. They really are a love or hate kind of instrument.
i tried one the other day at gc. loved the tone but hated the feel of it. the neck was very uncomfortable to the point that i cant play some riffs without my hand cramping. but then again im in love with super thin necks like ibanez and schecter.
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Quote by Chestershadow
I play metal guitar..but i wanted a bass for more of an everything bass..and i heard good things of epiphone..the bass i use 4 school is an ibanez roadstar..but i want my own =D

then the thunderbird is not for you.

their guitars are good their basses not so much.;

if you want a 'for everything' bass go for a squire. i know I know, a squire? but trust me in the bass world squires are where its at and epiphones are not soo hot.

look at the vintage modified or classic vibe jazz and precision basses. the jaguars are also neat.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by dethfield
You should definitely try one before buying. They really are a love or hate kind of instrument.

This basically.
Personally, i love mine.
It also depends on what kind of music you really want to play.
SNSD