I just made the deposit for Virginia Commonwealth University for next fall. I'm signed up to study biology and pre-medicine now but I'm thinking about changing my major to nursing or biomedical engineering.

I'm excited but also a little nervous. Who else is starting college this fall and what are your fields of study?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Apr 29, 2011,
I started college last summer but im gonna post here anyway...I'm majoring in Media Arts and Animation
I'm going to start "college" in 2012. Considering computer engineering.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Gonna start in May. Right now I'm at a community college set for an Associate of Arts in general studies with a computer science focus. Basically, I'm undecided.
I'm going college this september.

Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Psychology

Yes, I'm taking 5 AS levels. I might drop Psychology in my first two testing weeks, depending on whether I think I can handle the pressure, and if I enjoy it.

Wish me luck.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
I'm going college this september.

Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Psychology

Yes, I'm taking 5 AS levels. I might drop Psychology in my first two testing weeks, depending on whether I think I can handle the pressure, and if I enjoy it.

Wish me luck.

icwatudidthere
I'm doing Maths (Natural Science), Physics and Chemistry as well. I only have two months left until my counterpart to the British A-levels is done.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Apr 29, 2011,
Started two years ago majoring in Computer Information Systems and transferring to another university in the Fall to study Computer Science. Funny, I've only taken three relevant courses for my major, all of the rest are just general studies.

Honestly, If it wasn't for the piece of paper that basically reads "You most likely have a better chance at getting a job when compared to someone who didn't graduate." I would say that college is a huge waste of time and money.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I cannot stress this enough- DO YOUR IBMS PORTFOLIO.

What? I have not started yet and why do I need to do that?
I'm Full Of Artificial Sweetener
I'm off to Miami University next year to study Environmental Science or Zoology with a minor in German
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by rubberduck22222
What? I have not started yet and why do I need to do that?

Because it's easier to do it at uni rather than do your degree, then manage to get a trainee lab job at an accredited teaching lab to do it. The portfolio, if successful, mrans you can get a job as a BMS.

Unless your course isn't accredited by the IBMS. In which case, good luck if you want to go into BMS.

Source: me being a BMS grad.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Because it's easier to do it at uni rather than do your degree, then manage to get a trainee lab job at an accredited teaching lab to do it. The portfolio, if successful, mrans you can get a job as a BMS.

Unless your course isn't accredited by the IBMS. In which case, good luck if you want to go into BMS.

Source: me being a BMS grad.

Thank you for that, and the course is accredited by the IBMS
I'm Full Of Artificial Sweetener
Quote by suckmahnuts
I'm off to Miami University next year to study Environmental Science or Zoology with a minor in German

Florida or Ohio?

OT: Going to Kent State, majoring in Political Science. When I see how well my music skills progress, may consider adding a jazz minor.

EDIT: Realised that FL is U of M.

Ohio
Last edited by TheZephyrSon at Apr 29, 2011,
Im enrolled this year..doing homework right now actually...

Here is the result of one math problem

divided by
= exactly 2.5
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I'm gonna be going to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign this fall. I'm doing general studies, but hopefully I can get into the College of Arts and Sciences and start Pre-Med by sophomore year.

I do hope my roommates aren't dipshits...
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by TheZephyrSon
Florida or Ohio?

OT: Going to Kent State, majoring in Political Science. When I see how well my music skills progress, may consider adding a jazz minor.

Ohio

Yep, I'm off to Oxford in August. Stoked as hell
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Going to Hull uni to study Business (the course for people with no idea of what they want to do in life) in September
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
I've got one week till I'm done with my 2nd year for accounting at USF. TS, do NOT commute.
well at least you spelled college right in the thread title. you've got about half of the people who post threads in the pit about college beat right there.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Fat Lard
I've got one week till I'm done with my 2nd year for accounting at USF. TS, do NOT commute.

Why?

Quote by Stryker125
I started college last summer but im gonna post here anyway...I'm majoring in Media Arts and Animation

You're not going to the Art Institutes are you?
Last edited by metaldud536 at Apr 29, 2011,
Year and a bit, hoping to do discrete mathematics at warwick.

Also, first year that gets hit with triple fees.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
Quote by metaldud536
Why?

You miss out on the all important college life. Its alot harder to make friends at your campus when you drive there, go to class, and drive back.
i just finished my second year, currently just a music major but im thinking of also adding on a communications major

im at university of pittsburgh
NOPE
im going part time this semester and next. i don't think i'd really get into the whole college life thing so im going to live at home unless i get a scholarship. and don't get into debt you'll spend the rest of your life paying it off.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Quote by Fat Lard
You miss out on the all important college life. Its alot harder to make friends at your campus when you drive there, go to class, and drive back.

I don't understand what's important about it. What I do understand is that it's expensive.
Quote by metaldud536
I don't understand what's important about it. What I do understand is that it's expensive.

One reason why I haven't moved out yet . Plus most of your friends will probably move if they're like mine, and youre stuck with cabin fever. I just personally think it sucks, and an hour of driving there and back 5 times a week is pretty expens iveby itself if you drive a truck.

I guess its not too bad tbh, but if you can find an affordable place a few mintues from campus, get on that.
Quote by Fat Lard
One reason why I haven't moved out yet . Plus most of your friends will probably move if they're like mine, and youre stuck with cabin fever. I just personally think it sucks, and an hour of driving there and back 5 times a week is pretty expens iveby itself if you drive a truck.

I guess its not too bad tbh, but if you can find an affordable place a few mintues from campus, get on that.

The majority of my friends and classmate all went to a university 20-30mins from where I live. FIU :/ I don't think they're missing out on campus life from the pictures off their facebook. Only the bright ones went to UCF or FSU.

I could write a couple of paragraphs on why it's better to live at home while in college but I won't go there.

This fall (if I get financial aid) I will be driving 45 minutes back and fourth to FAU. I know paying for gas won't be fun but it'll be cheaper than taking out loans to live on campus to share a room with someone.
Quote by TheZephyrSon
Florida or Ohio?

Ohio

Wright State, here.

OT: I actually just switched from Biomedical Engineering to Biology&Chem.

Expect lots of calculus, physics, and MATLAB. It is a very difficult curriculum, if you can't handle it.
I could have handled it (and did for two years... I've only had time to do one GEC ), but then realized Biotech is more biology than the engineering I was learning/going to learn.

Unless you truly enjoy engineering, I suggest staying out the major.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Apr 29, 2011,
Dorm life seems fun, but I was talking about an apartment or townhome I couldn't imagine living in just one room with another person.

UCF is definitely the shit though. That's where most of my friends ended up along with USF Tampa (and the local SPC community college for the dunces of my group who's all I hang out with now )

Did you not get Bright Futures or anything like that?
Last edited by Fat Lard at Apr 29, 2011,
Starting uni in september, starting with maths, but I'm really hoping to switch to physics (Although ill take a bit of both to see how they are first)
Quote by Fat Lard

I don't actually live in richmond. I'm more like 45 minutes away from Richmond so I'm not too close to VCU. At first my dad wanted me to commute but I talked him out of it. I'm trying to get an apartment with my friends but I'll probably end up staying in a dorm.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I'm already in College. I study sports marketing and work as a student manager for the baseball team here.

fun fun fun fun
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA