Page 1 of 2
...And do you support them?

In Texas, the law here says if you drink any alcohol and get behind the wheel, you're gonna get arrested.

I'm not sure if I totally support it. I mean, I totally sympathize the reasoning behind it, and support why the laws are there in the first place. I'm just not sure if they're too strict.
.08 Bac
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
.08% and I support it. I'm not a fan of the zero tolerance policy.
My God, it's full of stars!
.08% here. Perfectly fine with me.

Anyone that thinks it's safe to drive under the influence is an idiot.
Yes, 0.8 for California, but 0.0 if you're under 21 of course. Almost got f***ed on that one once. Had a sip of wine at a friend's birthday dinner, and got pulled over for not turning my lights on when driving people home. Good thing I blew triple 0s.

EDIT: One of the stupidest things I've ever done, though, and I do support the law. In small towns they're pretty good about enforcing it when it counts too.
Last edited by kaptkegan at Apr 29, 2011,
I dont particularly care for the zero tolerance policy either. In our society, it is not rational to expect a person to go out (probably just to dinner) and not get a drink of some kind.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
We have a GDL system, so you can have a probationary licence and then it's zero tolerance, then once you get your GDL it's 0.08%
I'm cool with no tolerance, it makes people who might be too drunk to drive not do it just in case, and those who always think they're sober enough dont care about the 0.08% anyway.
A lot of legal things I think there should be more leeway on, but drunk driving is one of the few things I support a zero-tolerance policy on.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I only drink drive as I am am very self conscious driver, helps with the nerves
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Interesting to see, does America have a 0% tolerance? What happens if you had a few the night before and it's early morning? Any excuses?
Quote by gerrywm
I only drink drive as I am am very self conscious driver, helps with the nerves

I hope to god you're just joking and that you don't actually drive while intoxicated.
Quote by T.s.e
I hope to god you're just joking and that you don't actually drive while intoxicated.

Pretty sure he's making a joke from Family Guy.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
here the law is .08

Half past 5 I'm in the pub
Six O'clock it's home for grub
Eight O'clock I'm back to the bar
Sod the walk I'll take the car

this pretty much sums me up, but honestly where I drive, this place is like a ghost town. a lot of times I will go outside to have cigarette at like 3 am, and the only other living thing is this naked baby that stands at the bus stop at the end of the block sometimes. so i mean its like there is really noone that im endangering.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Quote by satanicgurrl
I will go outside to have cigarette at like 3 am, and the only other living thing is this naked baby that stands at the bus stop at the end of the block sometimes.

I'm against zero-tolerance, but all for harsh penalties for those that are over a reasonable legal limit.

I like having a beer with my burger.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
In aus here its anything over .05% blood/alcohol ratio.
Learners and whatnot can't drink anything.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
^^ If you don't get caught you could be 1000000%?!

EDIT: I get what you're saying now.
So, just curious, if you take a swig of mouth wash, you could blow like a .001, in Texas you'd get a DUI for that? And my brother-in-law lives in Amarillo and drives drunk all the time (we don't like, but whatcha gon' do).
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Am I dreaming or it's no-one else totally confused by the naked baby statement???!?!?
i absolutely hate anything that impairs your driving cell phones make up weed booze.

I think zero tolerance is a bit much as it doesn't hurt to have a beer with your burger or whatever. I don't drink and drive at all though.

few years ago i got a 24hr suspension cause I was passed out in my truck with the keys in my pocket (yeah i thought it was a great idea to pass out in my truck rather than drive home hammered too) that was stupid
0.05 here in Australia. But believe it should be raised to .08

Can still function perfectly normally at .05 and have driven a few times im sure at, or just under .05
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
I dont drink and drive, I drive between sips
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by tayroar
I was confused, but reminded of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTobHOyLvRU

yall might think im kidding, but it freaks me right the **** out. I mean not a damn thing out there even makin sound. no cars, no breeze. just that damn baby standin there, waitin like hes tryin to go somewhere.
"I can see that we speak the wrong notes."

Warlock NJ Deluxe (haters gonna hate)
Crate EL-10G
Quote by satanicgurrl
yall might think im kidding, but it freaks me right the **** out. I mean not a damn thing out there even makin sound. no cars, no breeze. just that damn baby standin there, waitin like hes tryin to go somewhere.

Are you sure you're not trapped in purgatory? That place must be littered with unbaptized babies. Maybe its one of these?
I'm not sure the legal limit, but the stricter the better. If you think you're responsible enough drink, you need to be responsible enough to get home safely (for yourself and everybody around you), and if you break the law responsible enough to deal with the consequences. The reason for this is that drinking and driving doesn't just endanger the person doing it; it also endangers innocent people.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^I agree. Know your limit and accept responsibility for your actions. Even if you take the back roads, if you can't stay in your lane and focus, park off road somewhere and sleep in the back seat.

Quote by DempseyPunk
I dont drink and drive, I drive between sips

+1
Last edited by Fat Lard at Apr 29, 2011,
Do you guys think it should be up to the officer's discretion instead of having a legal limit? People handle their booze differently.
Quote by tayroar
Do you guys think it should be up to the officer's discretion instead of having a legal limit? People handle their booze differently.

No way! You'd just get some dick who'd end up doing you over.
under 21 is zero-tolerance.

over is .08%

I'm under 21, so it's zero-tolerance for me. I've driven after a full fifth of Jack Daniel's, and I've driven after one beer. It's bizarre to me that both have the same consequence. I did quit driving after drinking recently, so hopefully it won't ever be an issue. I've pressed my luck enough over the past 4 years.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
under 21 is zero-tolerance.

over is .08%

I'm under 21, so it's zero-tolerance for me. I've driven after a full fifth of Jack Daniel's, and I've driven after one beer. It's bizarre to me that both have the same consequence. I did quit driving after drinking recently, so hopefully it won't ever be an issue. I've pressed my luck enough over the past 4 years.

Yeah, I've driven high a lot, and just thought, yeah I've gotten away with it this long, it just seems it would be inevitable you'll get caught if you roll the dice over and over.
Quote by tayroar
Yeah, I've driven high a lot, and just thought, yeah I've gotten away with it this long, it just seems it would be inevitable you'll get caught if you roll the dice over and over.

It's kinda like driving on a spare... you can do it all you like, but it's GOING to give out.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
It's kinda like driving on a spare... you can do it all you like, but it's GOING to give out.

Exactly, thank god we understand statistics to some extent.
.08%, although I support roadside sobriety tests more than breathalyzers, as they more accurately test your ability to drive.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I don't do it that im aware of, but driving home the next morning is a dangerous time. You have no idea what state I am in, can you actually buy breathalysers?
Page 1 of 2