Brutal man nice blast beats. Not a clue what to suggest to make it better as Im not massively knowledgable on grindcore but have listened to a lot (but not recently!). The musicianship is great if your gonna build the song so much you gotta end in some grotty beat down surely though? after it slows build it up to a crazy fast beat down loads of pig squeals and noise maybe?
Thanks for listening. Not a bad idea. We were going for a Gaza/Nasum style sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KSyzxbR0bk

If you liked us, spread it around. Won't be long before we're actually releasing these tracks and I'm having a hard time promoting the band.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nohari/182791595077191
there's the facebook page if you liked it, thanks again!
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
very cool, without a doubt! really, i cant be critical, it sounds ****ing affective to me! production wise you could complain (if you were so ignorantly used to this kind of music) but i think that the fact that its not polished gives it the serious vibe. it may sound silly to some, but to me this song is way more appealing as it is than if it were recorded by the worlds best grindcore producer. ill bet this song destroys in the live scene! rock on!
also, because i love this.. i offer a piece of invaluable advice.... (and i dont expect you to listen) refrain from listing your influences or putting a comparison band on your promotion because to me, this shit is good and fairly original, even though it would be easy to name influences. think job for a cowboy haha
just sayin
Quote by obsolete51
also, because i love this.. i offer a piece of invaluable advice.... (and i dont expect you to listen) refrain from listing your influences or putting a comparison band on your promotion because to me, this shit is good and fairly original, even though it would be easy to name influences. think job for a cowboy haha
just sayin

Good point. Thanks for the advice, man. And I agree, for grind, this is cleaner than most anyway. Minus the guitar, it was actually all recorded in my basement. I appreciate the support, though. Spread it around if you like it because the final product should be out anytime.
Quote by recklessnick
but my fav tech deathcore band is actually emmure. i'd never be able to play **** like that in a million years seriously.
I really like how the vocals sound. The blast beats are nice as well. Grindcore isn't exactly my favorite music, but you guys sound better than most grindcore bands I've heard in my area.
Quote by 419couldntwait
I really like how the vocals sound. The blast beats are nice as well. Grindcore isn't exactly my favorite music, but you guys sound better than most grindcore bands I've heard in my area.

Thanks bro! What kind of grindcore bands are in your area?
Quote by recklessnick
bumpity-bump-bump
Quote by recklessnick
I like this. I usually hate anything with even a hint of grind, but this song is executed in a manner exponentially better than most of the tripe I associate with that genre. The sludge influence is phenomenal. I would definitely buy/listen to a whole EP in this vein.

The drums are tight where they need to be, then lay back when necessary. Good good good. The relatively limited duration of the blast beats actually increases their impact, imo.

The more ambient bits (mainly 2:20-end) are very well executed, and work very well towards distinguishing this from stereotypical "extreme" music.

The really punchy bit (where the guitar and drums are emphasizing the downbeat) leading up to the guitar dissonance ~1:40 is one of the best parts of the song musically, and it's timing is perfect. Had that part not been included, I probably would have turned the song off at that point, given my prejudice against grindcore.

Overall, this is good stuff. I'll be the first to admit that I f*cking hate grindcore, but this song isn't all that bad. I'd go so far as to say I enjoyed it. The mix is good, maybe needs a little bit of tweaking in the vocals (there was some clipping at a few points), composition is solid.

Most of the things I dislike about the song are the things that are defining features grindcore, so I'm not going to dwell on them.

Crit mine?

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Das_Skittles
I like this. I usually hate anything with even a hint of grind, but this song is executed in a manner exponentially better than most of the tripe I associate with that genre. The sludge influence is phenomenal. I would definitely buy/listen to a whole EP in this vein.

The drums are tight where they need to be, then lay back when necessary. Good good good. The relatively limited duration of the blast beats actually increases their impact, imo.

The more ambient bits (mainly 2:20-end) are very well executed, and work very well towards distinguishing this from stereotypical "extreme" music.

The really punchy bit (where the guitar and drums are emphasizing the downbeat) leading up to the guitar dissonance ~1:40 is one of the best parts of the song musically, and it's timing is perfect. Had that part not been included, I probably would have turned the song off at that point, given my prejudice against grindcore.

Overall, this is good stuff. I'll be the first to admit that I f*cking hate grindcore, but this song isn't all that bad. I'd go so far as to say I enjoyed it. The mix is good, maybe needs a little bit of tweaking in the vocals (there was some clipping at a few points), composition is solid.

Most of the things I dislike about the song are the things that are defining features grindcore, so I'm not going to dwell on them.

Crit mine?

All of that positive feedback REALLY makes me want to continue doing this. The final product hasn't even been mastered yet, so that's probably the leveling issues you're hearing. Our whole goal was to break boundaries within the genre while keeping true to it's roots and incorporating sludge motifs. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm off to look at your recording now, since you took the time out to listen =]

P.S. There's actually a second vocalist who hasn't even recorded his part yet. Should fix up my weaker points and add even more diversity.
Quote by recklessnick
Necrobump, I just found this thread whilst searching from grindcore and I must say, I really like what I´ve heard. Keep up the good work!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Necrobump, I just found this thread whilst searching from grindcore and I must say, I really like what I´ve heard. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, i really appreciate it. Anyone who's interested, here's a link to a FREE comp with one of our tracks on it:
http://www.grindtodeath.com/zine/grinding-aftermath-compilation.html
Also, our first release (still a comp) is availible for $3 here(pre-order, but that's the full price):
http://operationgrindcore.bigcartel.com/product/operation-grindcore-volume-1-comp
Quote by recklessnick
Holy shit man nice work on the music and the mix altogether. The rawness of the mix gives it a more horror-like feel. I love the way you guys incorporated sludge into grind, makes it not sound monotone like many other grind bands. Good job with the drums as well, they are perfect.

Now on the mix, the drums seem to be distorting a bit, and that seems to be one of the factors that kind of annoyed me about it. The bass seems a bit too quiet but thats just me, I dont know how bass is supposed to sound in grind.

Overall its a really solid song, but the drums need to be mixed a little better.

Crit mine?
Quote by blood8815
Holy shit man nice work on the music and the mix altogether. The rawness of the mix gives it a more horror-like feel. I love the way you guys incorporated sludge into grind, makes it not sound monotone like many other grind bands. Good job with the drums as well, they are perfect.

Now on the mix, the drums seem to be distorting a bit, and that seems to be one of the factors that kind of annoyed me about it. The bass seems a bit too quiet but thats just me, I dont know how bass is supposed to sound in grind.

Overall its a really solid song, but the drums need to be mixed a little better.

Crit mine?

I'll most def crit yours.
The bass sounds like shit because it's not a bass, lol. Don't have one, so it's a mixed to hell guitar.
Drums might be clipping. I should probably check that. Thanks for the tip.
Quote by recklessnick