I started playing about a year ago. I still consider myself a beginner but I can play quite a few basic riffs and know some slightly harder riffs like Master of Puppets and Sweet Child of Mine. My current guitar is a cheap £50a one I picked up second hand, can't find any information on the exact brand, I've been told it's a Marshall... but it has Rocket Special on the headstock. Some of the pickups are funny on my current guitar I think... fuzzy/distorted buzzing noises on certain pickup selections.

I want a brand new guitar that has better pickups to improve my sound, but I don't want to spend lots of money. I think the most I can spend is around £250GBP. I'll be playing lots of punk (Ramones, Sex Pistols), hard rock (such as ACDC and Airbourne), and even some metal such as Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne... or would that be considered hard rock?

Playing through either a VOX AD30VT or using Amplitube. Also considering a new amp. I'm thinking of some pedals too...

So basically, I need some advice on a guitar. I was looking at this: http://www.reddogmusic.co.uk/Guitars-Amps-and-Effects/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body/Jackson-JS32T-King-V-Black.html?origin=googlebase

Looking at reviews the guitar and its electronics are good for the price, but I've also been told ESP and Ibanez are good.

I'm not at all bothered about looks by the way.

So, what do you all think?
Last edited by DanJames93 at Apr 29, 2011,
I bought an esp/ltd for about $250. It's a pretty solid guitar. What kind of amp are you running through?
Quote by mark3777
I bought an esp/ltd for about $250. It's a pretty solid guitar. What kind of amp are you running through?

Like I added above, VOX AD30VT, or using Amplitube modelling software on my computer.
Quote by mark3777

hes using GBP not USD

the conversion rate is around 1.5 so 250 GBP is like $375-400
I reckon if you go on Gumtree you could find a good Epiphone of Squire. They arent exactly 'upper level' guitars by any means, but im sure theyd play much nicer. I personally love the neck on my Epi, its plays great, and once you get better, get a nice amp and can evenually swap the pickups and have a solid guitar!
sorry, I missed that part. But yeah in the lower price range I recommend ltd. From the ones I have seen they are pretty good.
Quote by rickyj
hes using GBP not USD

the conversion rate is around 1.5 so 250 GBP is like $375-400

well that sucks
Quote by mark3777
well that sucks

not really, stuff over there is less money but the money is worth more so it evens itself out
Laney TF300 amplifier... A local Cash Converters has one for cheap. Are they any good? Reading up on it, I think it's a tube amp...
Quote by rickyj
not really, stuff over there is less money but the money is worth more so it evens itself out

I wish that were true in USA......dang.
Quote by DanJames93
Laney TF300 amplifier... A local Cash Converters has one for cheap. Are they any good? Reading up on it, I think it's a tube amp...

Laneys are great amps. Except I'm pretty sure that isn't a tube amp. It is some kind of hybrid.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
I'd recommend either Ibanez or ESP LTD guitars, i (used to) own one of both and they are great guitars...especially the Ibanez S570DXQM...but thats a bit out of price
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-