Hey there.

I have posted a quite similar thread to this one a few days ago but I would like to create this new one because of the more general theme of the question. I hope you don't mind.
Here it is :

Guitar (Les Paul)
-> 6m cable

Boss FRV 1 Reverb
-> tiny jack cable (for pedals)

Boss DS 1

Visual Sound Route 66 (OD and compressor)

Behringer TU300 (tuner)
-> 3m cable

Fender Blues Jr.

Questions :

- Is there something wrong in there ?
- Is there tone loss because of the 6m cable and no boost pedal ?
- Are the pedals in a right order ?

- Would you recommend a pedal power for all this ? Or should I stick to seperate AC adaptors ?

Thanks!
I think i would probably go guitar - tuner - route 66 - ds1 - reverb - amp. but there isn't really a "right" way

also i use a visual sound 1spot to power all my pedals and it works great
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
1) Not really, ideally your tuner would be straight after your guitar, and your compressor would be after that.
2) You tell us? There shouldn't be. If you're experiencing tone loss it's probably the Behringer & Boss pedals which have notoriously poor bypass.
3) See 1.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

for the 2) I would have to compare the clean channel with all the pedals, vs with no pedals at all ?
Few, quite a hard task... I don"t know if I would be able to remember what the tone is like by the time I unplug everything !
^ It's pretty easy, just take the cable from your guitar and plug it into the amp, no need to unplug anything else. Something you'll likely hear is that you'll have a bit of a brighter tone without the pedals.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

How much difference in tone is acceptable until you have to buy a boost pedal (I guess that's the cure ?) ?
That's up to you. A boost pedal isn't what you want though. A good quality buffer might help to regain the tone if you find it unbearable, personally I prefer playing with the slight tone loss, takes off some of the high end that I find piercing.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band