I need to get my hair cut shorter soon but I have no idea what would look good for me. When I had short hair I always had people telling me I looked just like Harry Potter, don't like that too much. I want to keep my hair long but prospective employers may not be so keen about that. If anyone has any ideas I could really use some help.

Have no pics but here is a video from a couple days ago, you can pause it at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnvFjvAN_TU

If you can't or don't want to help me, keep on topic and talk about haircuts.
i have a mullet right now, and got hired for a decent summer job

get a mullet
NOPE
You look somewhat like Harry Potter
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
I recently trimmed my hair, mainly in the front so I could see again. Kind of looks like a mullet. I just got promoted at my job

get a mullet
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
You look somewhat like Harry Potter

You should see my old driving permit from when I was 15, ah man it was terrible.
http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/royal-wedding/beckhams-lead-celebrity-arrivals-20110429-1e0my.html

What David Beckham's doing at the moment. This is how my hair is at the moment. He copied me.

What you ask for is cropped back and sides, length on the top and a bit of a fringe, hairline cut high on the side for your parting, brylcreem in hair, hairdried coiff sort of thing at the front making sure the parting's defined and everything's set in place, quick spritz of hairspray.

What's also compatible with this hairstyle (for casual occasions/variety) is this:

You can't have your hair cut quite as feathered/textured but with a matt paste and a hairdryer you can definitely get this kind of effect.

If people are saying you look like Potter it's probably because you haven't got good style and should think about that too.
Last edited by Duv at Apr 29, 2011,
Dude, you don't need a job, you have a fortune in Gringott's.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Dude you really do look like harry potter. You hair seems pretty short anyway, should be fine.
Then again I've never had a job and I have hair down to my nipples. Correlation? Maybe.
Just make yourself original man don't follow the others. (not saying to cut your hair alone on ur bathroom) just make something that you find it cool
Living is a bless, most of the people just exist

i'm out of my mind, insane, and what i say is sht or doesn't make sense, still your reading this.
Man - hair like that isn't going to keep you from getting a job - it's a mid length guy cut. There's nothing wrong with that. If someone's not going to hire you and sites your hair as the reason why, they weren't going to hire you anyway and would've found some other excuse.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Stryker125
I've got a shorter mowhawk, try that out

mohawks are extremely douchey
If you look like Harry Potter, I highly suggest liberal use of the Imperio curse to get your dream job.
Last edited by triface at Apr 29, 2011,
Your hair looks fine. If the employer doesn't hire you then I'm sure its not because of your hair.
Quote by strat0blaster
Man - hair like that isn't going to keep you from getting a job - it's a mid length guy cut. There's nothing wrong with that. If someone's not going to hire you and sites your hair as the reason why, they weren't going to hire you anyway and would've found some other excuse.

So it's fine the way it is? I have a good bit of facial hair as well, no moustache. I was worried someone would look at me and write me off as a "bad image." I'm going to apply at CVS but everyone who works there is either old or look like Zac Efron. I just need a job while I'm in college.
Last edited by space aids at Apr 29, 2011,
Quote by -Mantra-
Your hair looks fine. If the employer doesn't hire you then I'm sure its not because of your hair.

I agree with this, your hair does look nice like that. When I was working at Macy's there was a guy who worked there and he had very similar hair to yours. It should be fine.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by space aids
So it's fine the way it is? I have a good bit of facial hair as well, no moustache. I was worried someone would look at me and write me off as a "bad image." I'm going to apply at CVS but everyone who works there is either old or look like Zac Efron. I just need a job while I'm in college.

Its fine. Just keep it together in a nice fashion (combed, not all over the place) and for ****in sake, do not have a mustache EVER it just looks bad. The only time it is acceptable is if you can grow the full out Burt Reynolds.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
Its fine. Just keep it together in a nice fashion (combed, not all over the place) and for ****in sake, do not have a mustache EVER it just looks bad. The only time it is acceptable is if you can grow the full out Burt Reynolds.

Don't worry, I hate moustaches. I wish I had the inability to grow one but I do shave it. Thanks guys.
I feel I should add:

If it's a high-powered job: clean shaven and short hair.
If it's a good office job: clean shaven OR proper beard (not stubble) and you can get away with medium length hair but it has to be neat. Preferably short hair though.

Aside from that it's just their policy. You can ask them at interview what they would prefer you to have.
You look like Ron Weasley.

Go bald and grow a beard.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Don't be a suckup!!!!! Otherwise you'll just get Morped your whole life. Let it grow out! "Some of the worst mistakes in my life have been haircuts."
Super awesome bump Batman!
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
My hairs almost down to my shoulders and my moms not making me cut it til after summer, wait til she sees my extremely douchey mohawk
you're a stone fox
i wake up with a curly afro and go to sleep with perfectly straight hair. i have no idea why my hair does that.