if i plug another input into the second input jack on my 5150 (the unused low gain one)
will it improve my tone? clarity?

srs question lol
Don't stuff dogs into your amp

But seriously, jack russell terriers and NOS Yorkies are the only ones that improve your tone.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44

But seriously, jack russell terriers and NOS Yorkies are the only ones that improve your tone.

yo dude i'm talking about putting another input jack into the low gain slot without having the jack/cable pugged into anything else?

do people do this?

srs question
Quote by vincelombard
yo dude i'm talking about putting another input jack into the low gain slot without having the jack/cable pugged into anything else?

do people do this?

srs question

You can try. There's a similar trick with the Valveking that improves the sound.

Quote by InanezGuitars44

JAN bull terriers is where it's at if you'r after a brutal tone.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Apr 29, 2011,
i used to have a 5150. basically if you plug something into both, it activates the high gain input. so one cable in high gain = high gain, one cable in low gain = low gain. any combination of 2 cables = high gain.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Oldmonkeys

Quote by vincelombard

do people do this?

srs question

You will likely end up with a load of buzz.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey