Hey, I'm new to this forum but I've been playing guitar for about a year now. It's going to be fun talking with you musicians!

I have one question though. I LOVE to play Metal. From Children of Bodom to Megadeth. Two very diverse tunings.

So the question is which guitar do I get based on the specifications of them?

Dave Mustain VMNTX
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&biw=1420&bih=716&q=dave+mustaine+vmntx&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=8716170897810646695&sa=X&ei=8VW7TZf2DJDLtwfZir24BQ&ved=0CCMQ8wIwAQ#

Alexi Laiho Sig 200
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=alexi+laiho+200&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=10058416638941592163&sa=X&ei=BFe7Td2bLeL10gHGwaTDBQ&ved=0CFsQ8wIwAA#
Well, its hard to answer, low-end dean pick-ups are crap, but on the other hand the Laiho sig only has one single coil pickup so its not very versatile, I mean you really need to play them and see which one you like, but if you really want a guitar for a lot of different types of metal you should really consider a mahogany guitar with EMG 81/85 pickups or Seymour Duncans of similar quality, if you look at Schecter or ESP you can probably find one that's not too expensive
Thanks for the response and I should've mentioned this earlier but I don't want a guitar above 400$. Is there any good one that plays well in most metal tunings?

Thanks for helping me out though.
go to a music store and pick up different guitars and pick what ever is comfortable and what your musical heart tell you to get
neither i would say. On a budget you can't really afford to be diverting any of your money to artist royalties, as signature models tend to be more expensive.

that v300 kipperfan linked to would probably work if it's under budget- and if you already have an amp which is aimed at metal tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I can't order guitars online. I'd honestly suggest looking up where a Daddy's Junky Music or Guitar Center are located in your area and seeing if they have any guitars you'd be interested in. A guitar is definitely something you want to experience first hand before you spend your hard earned money on it.
Stuff :]
depends on where you are. if you're close to a couple of big, good music stores, then sure.

If you're in an area with a lack of good music stores, personally i'd prefer to buy online.

Plus if you're in the EU you're covered by distance-selling regulations. That can often work out, in some ways, to be better than trying in a shop (7 days in the comfort of your home versus half an hour in a loud, busy music shop?).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?