It's a really amazing song how progressive it is and the changes. I am listening on laptop speakers unfortuately but it sounds like the lead in some places over power the second guitar and the second guitar has some funky stuff going on. Maybe a notch down on the lead a little?
That low frequency hum's a bit of an issue. Really like the mellow starting part though, I generally love the use of reverse guitars. Not so sure of the tone on the distorted lead though and it is a tiny bit too loud. Try cutting out everything on that guitar below about 90hz, gives everything else a chance to come up. When it first gets into the louder more distorted part it sounds a little messy at first.

But it's good and the playing is very nice, I prefer the mellower bits to the louder bits mind. You just need to serpate things a bit more with EQ, if you give everything it's own frequency you'll avoid frequency masking.
Quote by ImaHighwayChile
That low frequency hum's a bit of an issue. Really like the mellow starting part though, I generally love the use of reverse guitars. Not so sure of the tone on the distorted lead though and it is a tiny bit too loud. Try cutting out everything on that guitar below about 90hz, gives everything else a chance to come up. When it first gets into the louder more distorted part it sounds a little messy at first.

But it's good and the playing is very nice, I prefer the mellower bits to the louder bits mind. You just need to serpate things a bit more with EQ, if you give everything it's own frequency you'll avoid frequency masking.

I agree with pretty much everything said here. There were also a few points where I felt like the rhythm and the lead guitars didn't quite match up, like the rhythms were off or something. I like it as a whole piece, though. I think the intro was my favorite part, I love how it felt very orchestrated, mellow, and complex at the same time. Good work.
bomernee, ImaHighwayChile, -Blue-, aaron aardvark

Thanks for your critique. Actually guitars in mellow parts are not reversed, they are recorded with delay as well as lead guitar. String section is masking guitars in background a little bit and I suppose that's why you thought they are. Though in my opinion it's not so bad, I think they come up in right moment.

To be honest that beginning even for me sometimes sounds weird, though not always and not on every equipment. Basically I spent whole last night listening to it on different things, using a few pairs of headphones and after a few times I got used to it, though I've made it, so I might look at it different and of course I listen to it in better quality than it's on YT, seriously I don't now how fix it, YT spoils quality of my songs, although I'm not trying to say it's perfect Maybe try to listen to it in HD, it may be a little bit better, unless you did that, well then it sucks.

I used EQ on rhythm guitars, I cut everything under 150 Hz and above 8000 Hz, I didn't used it on lead guitar though. But as I've already written, on my equipment it doesn't sound bad, though I look at it different. All parts are in time, I always check that, and it's not hard with Cubase, when you look at bars and where sound waves begin.

Overall, I think it could be better, but it's not so bad either.

Cheers
I really enjoyed the leads to this song, very creative. I love that wave-like introduction, it is very different. Overall, the song is good. I'll look to hear more from you. Cheers!
Quote by miosanchez
I really enjoyed the leads to this song, very creative. I love that wave-like introduction, it is very different. Overall, the song is good. I'll look to hear more from you. Cheers!

Thanks You can find some of my other songs on my YT channel, though most of them are made with an eye to find a singer who could record some vocals.

Cheers
The song itself is good, the rhythm guitar I think needs some work. It seemed very weak, I think if you try bringing up the low end a tad it will have more of a punch. The lead work is nice, a bit messy on some of the faster parts but it still sounds solid overall.

The tone from the mellow part to the faster part should be different I think, just so the contrast of sound fits the contrast of mood.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
I really like the tone of the lead guitar. It's really smooth and those volume swells just sound awesome. It has a great progression through the track. Getting harder and harder then back down a bit. It is a good instrumental in my opinion.

The only thing I would see to changing would be the distorted rhythm guitar tone. To me it seems a little over the top on the high frequencies but you may have intended this so don't mind me.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27075039#post27075039
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Nice jam...Like everyone esle said just bring up your backing track and blend it all out for that fuller sound.
The lead tone I think is over distorted, but I like it that way anyhows so i didn't see it as a bad thing tbh.

good work sir.
I think its pretty awesome! I really enjoyed the long intro and for me it made the song. It is the more unique part of the song imo.
I really liked the lead parts on this and overall there wasn't really a part that bored me or anything like that so great job on it and I loved the way you ended it.
Like the slower sections, the syncopated stop start rhythm on the guitar at around 3:00 is the best thing in it, and could form the centrepiece of the song.
Quote by Icarus Lives
Excellent! Nice and melodic. My only critique is that the energy is low around the middle (1:46 to 2:58) that section just doesn't do it for me. But the rest of it is genuinely exciting music. Satch influence?

Thanks As for the Satch influence, maybe... I like his music and I used to listen it quite often, now not so much, but he's still one of my favorite guitarist.

Basically when I make music I try to do it on my own, I don't copy anyone and I try not to be inspired by anyone's style, though it's hard, you know, when you listen to the music, it's always remains somewhere in your head
Finally getting around to returning the crits I got a month ago haha. Just listened to your song, and it's one of the few I can't find fault with. Well done, sir. Everything was mixed well, the song was creative, and it kept me entertained. You're damn good at what you do.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
Quote by kaosxrocker
Finally getting around to returning the crits I got a month ago haha. Just listened to your song, and it's one of the few I can't find fault with. Well done, sir. Everything was mixed well, the song was creative, and it kept me entertained. You're damn good at what you do.

Thanks
Hey man, thanks for your crit!

Critting as I listen:

The intro sounds very promising, quality is very nice so far. I really dig the delayed/reverbed strings/guitars, I'm not sure what it is.

The bass is a tad to loud for my taste, but that's probably just because I like my bass nearly non audible but still noticeable, if you get what I try to say.

The overdriven guitars at 1:15 comes in pretty sudden but that's okay. Your tone is good, as is the mixing. The background guitar sounds a bit rough and edgy, not sure if that's intentionally.

The change at 2:45 was needed, got a bit boring at that time, but you solved that really good. Overall a lot of nice melodies and licks.

Well, the song ends a bit sudden, I was kind of expecting a bit more, kinda missing a big climax or so.

Still, nice work!

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls
Hey man, thanks for your crit!

Critting as I listen:

The intro sounds very promising, quality is very nice so far. I really dig the delayed/reverbed strings/guitars, I'm not sure what it is.

The bass is a tad to loud for my taste, but that's probably just because I like my bass nearly non audible but still noticeable, if you get what I try to say.

The overdriven guitars at 1:15 comes in pretty sudden but that's okay. Your tone is good, as is the mixing. The background guitar sounds a bit rough and edgy, not sure if that's intentionally.

The change at 2:45 was needed, got a bit boring at that time, but you solved that really good. Overall a lot of nice melodies and licks.

Well, the song ends a bit sudden, I was kind of expecting a bit more, kinda missing a big climax or so.

Still, nice work!

Thank you