I have a chance to buy a 2205 but its unbearably noisy when turned up to 2 or more. I really want a 2205 but can this abnormal noise problem be fixed by a technician or should I wait to find another one. Am I correct when saying that as long as there are no blown transformers or capacitors, this amp could be tuned up by a repair shop and sound like it was built to sound?? Theres not too much that can go wrong with these amps over time that can greatly affect their tone...right??
see if you can get the guy to bring it to a shop to get it looked at and offer to pay the bench fee. if it turns out to be an easy fix, buy it off the guy right there in the shop and let the tech in the shop fix it. if it isn't an easy fix, well you are out 40 bucks or so, but at least you know.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Check for microphonic tubes.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.