Page 1 of 3
So Pit,

Maybe this is a bit over ambitious since this forum is full of musicians who, allegedly, stay in their room and never socialize, but, how do I get over this fear of approaching girls?

I'm pretty confident, as my friends tell me, but as far as talking to a group of unknown girls, well, I start thinking too much.

What does a pitbrother do?
Buy a cape. Seriously.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Wingman: That's what you need. Trial and error broski. I had the same issue until I had a friend join me. It's just comes naturally after a couple times. Just see them as a friend first, not f-ck buddies.
POST RAWK
You go up; Treat them like people, because that's what they are. Be confident and be yourself. Bam
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Just practice, like anything else in life. Get out there and do it. Fail a lot, and get better at it. There's no magical tricks homie.

Good luck.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Ok. But then what?

and then wear a mask
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Capes work. Mainly all it takes is confidence. And alcohol.

But you probably should post in the relationship thread... As this is relevant to relationships and you'd get more serious replies there.
RIP Gooze

cats
Alcohol.

No seriously, lots of alcohol

Well maybe not too much......

But then you might not be drunk enough which would again result in a lack of confidence

I need a drink.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Apr 29, 2011,
Cowboy up. Women are like sharks: they can smell fear. Conversely, they're attracted to confidence. Every girl I have ever known has agreed with this.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Just go for it, is the best advice i can give. I mean, they aren't gonna kill you, and the worst situation is that you'll look stupid but honestly, who cares? There are so many girls out there, you can't possibly fail at talking to all of them.

Trust me, you'll make good friends with them, if you aren't like the rest of these pitmonkeys...
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Firstly, take care of the "thinking" bit by drinking, I know it's cliche but you seriously stop giving a toss about potential rejection after a few beers.

There's no real secret, all I did to meet people at Uni the start of the year was go up, smile, say "Hello I'm (whatever the hell your name is,) what's yours?" and then ask them about their course, but it could be school/college/work for you, just stuff that would seem like pointless small talk. You should start to feel OK about the whole thing after 5 minutes of conversation.
Quote by vicarious46
You go up; Treat them like people, because that's what they are. Be confident and be yourself. Bam

this.

and not like we say you should be a wuss. its just that when you think about it this way, it just becomes easier. they'll see the part your friends see.

trust me. im pretty unfit and stuff, but i get bombshells.
at first, DRINK DRINK DRINK

then eventually you won't need to turn to your alcoholism for support in talking to girls, you will have an AA group for that

cheers dude
Don't overthink it; impulsiveness is key.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Ok. But then what?

You won't even need to talk to girls with a cape on. You'll be beating them all off with an iron pole, and probably even the police a little later on.

Look at this rocket, I'd give him one.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Show them pictures of your body hair. Or better yet, show them the real thing.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Albert Ellis (September 27, 1913 – July 24, 2007) was an American psychologist who in 1955 developed Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT).

Ellis had exaggerated fears of speaking in public and during his adolescence he was extremely shy around women. At age 19, already showing signs of thinking like a cognitive-behavioral therapist, he forced himself to talk to 100 women in the Bronx Botanical Gardens over a period of a month. Even though he did not get a date, he reported that he desensitized himself to his fear of rejection by women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Ellis_(psychologist)
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You won't even need to talk to girls with a cape on. You'll be beating them all off with an iron pole, and probably even the police a little later on.

Look at this rocket, I'd give him one.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Pick a topic and then talk. I'm really socially anxious and even I pulled it off... well, actually she did most of the talking, but still.
Quote by vicarious46

yes, this.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Albert Ellis (September 27, 1913 – July 24, 2007) was an American psychologist who in 1955 developed Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT).

Ellis had exaggerated fears of speaking in public and during his adolescence he was extremely shy around women. At age 19, already showing signs of thinking like a cognitive-behavioral therapist, he forced himself to talk to 100 women in the Bronx Botanical Gardens over a period of a month. Even though he did not get a date, he reported that he desensitized himself to his fear of rejection by women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Ellis_(psychologist)

Yes, but have you ever seen the chicks that go to botanical gardens?
Pretend she has a dick.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Pretend she has a dick.

Or even better approach the ones with one!
Make portal references.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
But in all seriousness, if you can sing Only One Word Comes To Mind by Biffy Clyro to a girl, she'll be yours for the night.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by rushpython
Make portal references.

YES.

If she's really awesome she'll get them and be yours.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by WhiskeyFace
One of my mates approaches every good looking girl he sees. He only gets about 25% of them. That's a win in my book.

Wasn't that the plot of an episode of King of the Hill? I'm pretty sure that was Boomhauer's secret to getting chicks.
Ask girls stuff. Seriously, ask them anything about themselves. This way, they're doing most of the talking and it's about them so you'll learn about them and additionally it shows that you're a good listener!
I've always made friends with them first. I think women are attracted to me because they're young dumb, I don't have a personality around them a lot of times, and they mistake my intentional vagueness as mystery and I become a blank canvas to them, so they paint whatever they want into my personality. It works, but I don't think it will work when I'm like 28, but young girls, they're ****ing stupid.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
"Hello! My name is ________! I request your name? Oh, that's a beautiful name __________, just like yourself! Will you go eat brunch with me? I will appreciate your company. Thank you."

Walk away.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by tayroar
I've always made friends with them first. I think women are attracted to me because they're young dumb, I don't have a personality around them a lot of times, and they mistake my intentional vagueness as mystery and I become a blank canvas to them, so they paint whatever they want into my personality. It works, but I don't think it will work when I'm like 28, but young girls, they're ****ing stupid.

Yeah, those 8 year-olds just think what they want
Stop caring.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Page 1 of 3