Alright, so i was looking into an amp (surprise surprise...) and something on the description caught my eye. It said:

"The solo boost will add up to 10dB of level boost and can be used in conjunction with the Body switch for fat, singing leads."

seeing as to how i am a complete noob at amps when it comes to technical stuff...i was wondering what this exactly meant. Im assuming it is just another volume nob, since it "adds up" 10dB...and i was also assuming it was either a scam/salesman jargon...

if you need a picture of the amp here it is, theres a zoomed in view so you can get a more detailed look at it, or read the description

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-Venue-Series-HT-Soloist-HT60S-60W-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=423769

this isnt a "recommend me another amp"...im just curious what purpose a "solo boost" nob serves

Thanks!
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
To boost solos?
Its probably just a Built in volume boost that some marketing guy decided needed a better name.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
It's a boost... You have a footswitch, on that footswitch is a button for your solo boost. When you use it, your amp is now louder by whatever you set the knob to. It's a boost for your solos. Solo. Boost.
Well, i pretty well figured it was meant for BOOSTING your SOLOs (im not THAT much of a dumbass)...but i didnt know if it served a purpose other than that...so essentially its another volume nob...woo

EDIT: so basically i was right, its a volume boost and its also salesman jargon
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Last edited by VintageAmigo at Apr 29, 2011,
Not really salesman jargon. A lot of times lead lines are lost in the mix without a boost of some kind. It's entirely straightforward. Salesman jargon tends to be a lot less straightforward.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Not really salesman jargon. A lot of times lead lines are lost in the mix without a boost of some kind. It's entirely straightforward. Salesman jargon tends to be a lot less straightforward.

so basically it allows you to stand out more, makes your tone stand out in the mix better...ok, then it is good, because that seems to happen to me alot (just a wall of mud kicks in after i turn my amp up so loud)
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
That's kind of the point, and its useful. Normally you'd boost your solos live with a boost pedal or an OD set up for a volume boost. The amp just cuts out the middle man.
ah sweet...alright, well then i'll probably buy that amp then. I've been searching for a LONG while...im going to a guitar center in a week or two, hopefully they have it
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
Quote by Seref
That's kind of the point, and its useful. Normally you'd boost your solos live with a boost pedal or an OD set up for a volume boost. The amp just cuts out the middle man.

well it includes a 4 switch pedal when you buy it (im guessing that a "solo boost" switch is on it)
Rig:
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-