yeah, they will work great.

with a $15 price tag i can't see how you can lose.
mojostompboxes.com
Ok... disregard my last. Apparently, these amps have an issue with touchy or poorly designed volume circuits. This is essentially just a volume pot and that's it - nothing more, nothing less. For that, $15 is a decent price. It won't damage your amp.
ya its exactly what ive been looking for. In the description it says it goes thru the effix loo[p part. I might have read it wrong.

This is a god send. I love the sound of the amp especially with my ocd. The bad thing is that its sooooo touchy. Like pscho touchy. So would that be the main knob?

How is my pedals gonna react to the device? Should i take out the 12ax7 and put diff ones in for better distortion so i cna crank it iseing this device? Will dampin my sound or distort it in anyway?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by silly6-string
ya its exactly what ive been looking for. In the description it says it goes thru the effix loo[p part. I might have read it wrong.

This is a god send. I love the sound of the amp especially with my ocd. The bad thing is that its sooooo touchy. Like pscho touchy. So would that be the main knob?

How is my pedals gonna react to the device? Should i take out the 12ax7 and put diff ones in for better distortion so i cna crank it iseing this device? Will dampin my sound or distort it in anyway?

It's not going to get you power tube distortion...it's just gona act like a volume pot on your guitar and reduce your overall volume, without altering the tone at all.
im lost. may be this isnt what i need. What im looking for is a device to lower my volume to where the head room doesnt scre the audiance out there skin and bones. What i want is resonable vol But with cranked quality.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by greeny23
cheaper than $15?

no the 500 dollar one. Gotta keep up with the story jk

Is there a fender amp with less wats that sounds as good as the develle? But not as heavy and load?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
You have the pre-III version of DeVille, it would seem. I stopped using my DeVille for rehearsals because it was too hard tio control at low volumes. Putting a volume control in the loop will work for you.

I do something sort of similar putting an EQ (MXR 10 Band) in the loop (although I have not tried this with the DeVille, just my JCA50). The volume control lets me dampen the sound plus I can use it as a Master for both channels.

And for $15 you can't go wrong.
Last edited by Razbo at Apr 30, 2011,
Using a Volume Box in the loop works good for trying to achive bedroom levels, but even at that, I just deal with my touchy Volume Knob (I use a HRDlx). If you want cranked tubes at moderate volumes for playing live, you need an attentuator. The Volume box will only give you Preamp tube distortion, which is really not what you want.

Weber makes some decently priced attentuators.

EDIT: I would like to say, the effects loop seems to take a little away from the amp. I noticed it much more on my old HRDeville than my newer Deluxe, but I can still definately hear a sound difference when plugging anything in the receive.
Last edited by Wylde_Life at Apr 30, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's not going to get you power tube distortion...it's just gona act like a volume pot on your guitar and reduce your overall volume, without altering the tone at all.

he never asked for power tube distortion. he just wants a better volume control that doesn't bump up in volume with just a touch. and the box is a pretty good solution for that.

Quote by Oldmonkeys
well a blues junior is the same amp... but only 15w

it's not exactly the same amp. it just looks like it. it's actually QUITE a bit different.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Devilles are built to be loud, punchy and have a lot of clean headroom, they're not really designed with distortion in mind. They'll do raunchy blues tones when you crank them but that's as far as they go, I'm not even going to mention the od channel on account of how bad it is.

IMO an attenuator is a complete waste if money, that $15 volume knob is just a master volume in a box, so if you specifically want to replace the master volume on your amp it may work, but depending on the pot they've used it could be just as bad. If you want more distortion at low volumes just use a pedal. Personally I really think you need a different amp, simply because the deville isn't particularly suited to the stuff you want to play,
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I dunno, I think if you want the deville sound you gotta deal with the deville.

I'm not sure there are any fender amps of lesser wattage that sound better.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by steven seagull
Devilles are built to be loud, punchy and have a lot of clean headroom, they're not really designed with distortion in mind. They'll do raunchy blues tones when you crank them but that's as far as they go, I'm not even going to mention the od channel on account of how bad it is.

IMO an attenuator is a complete waste if money, and that $15 volume knob is useless, it's just a master volume knob in a box and your deville already has one, doesn't it? If you want more distortion at low volumes just use a pedal. Personally I really think you need a different amp, simply because the deville isn't particularly suited to the stuff you want to play,

The pot(s) is so damn touchy, like it's value is way too high. Do you have a II or a III, because the volume taper was one of the things addressed in the III.

(p.s. nothing wrong with the OD in the DeVille imo, ...execpt the "more drive" channel, that is. Disabled now after accidentally stomping it one time too many.)
Yeah, I realised that on the 3rd or 4th read through...why do people have to make their posts so hard to understand!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ECistheBest
was that supposed to be a joke? (sorry i didnt get it)

Yeah, some dude though a Blues Junior was the same as the deville because they was from the same family of amps
He also claimed that a 60 watt amp would be wayyy too much. One of the most informative threads of my life. Guy who knows nothing asked everyone a question and then decided everyone on here knew nothing so he had to tell us how it was.
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
what i want is not distortion may be i confused ppl. I got a ocd for that . what i want is a vol knob. Because the one on it is crazy and touchy and annoying. Thats it.

Hopefully that 15$ thing will work.

Ill get it and let ya know if it does.

The reason i was looking at blues jr i fig it had good cleans and i could crank it? Or may be a egnator amp where good.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Apr 30, 2011,