Ok so i have a line 6 hd150 head that i use through a peavey windsor 4x12. and my sound is just shit. i need good cab suggestions for 300 or under. i'm into metalcore stuff so i need something that won't blow out with palm muting, but sounds like the big tones we all love. Any suggestions?
IMO you need a better head much more than you need a better cab.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Stevenbr0wn
tones we all love.
Lol. I don't think I know anyone (including myself) who likes metalcore even a little bit, let alone loves it.

That said, your cab should be fine. Good enough at least. What you need is a new amp head. I would recommend a Blackstar HT-20 but then we'd turn this thread into a "Hurr it's a hybrid amp...but it sounds good...BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT'S A HYBRID AMP SO LOLOLWALLOFTEXT" thread. And nobody wants that.

It's miles better then the HT-5 in both clean and overdrive settings and with a boost it can handle pretty much any amount of gain. I just played one side by side with a HT-5, an Orange Tiny terror/Dual terror and a Vox Night Train (or was it the mini Night Train...whatev) and it blew all of them out of the water while clean, and for overdrive it kept up with or beat out the competition. Plus it has an effects loop and 2 channels with more versatile tone controls.

Highly recommended. You could almost find one in your price range used...but I'd suggest going a bit higher and just buying it or you're simply not going to get an amazing amp for metalcore. Not in that price range.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Last edited by Ayses at Apr 30, 2011,
I've said it before and i'll say it again.

EDIT: Supposing you'd save a bit more cash, 200 isn't that much more really!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Yeah, if you play metalcore it seems like every metalcore player and their mom plays a 6505.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I woulda suggested the 6505 but eh...

I just don't like the 6505.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
I thought the line 6 hd's were decent.
-ltd mh-350fr
-ltd ec-401
-Ibanez RGA42FM
-peavey valveking 112
-line 6 spider iii 30 watt
-pedalz